Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

What the hell do I do???

I took my RXP 06 for service the other day for a minor instrument cluster problem (hazard light constantly on, temperature display is way off). Well to make a long story short, dealer ship told me that they will need to take it out to the lake to test it out…I told them there isn’t really a need for that lake the problem is there as soon as you start it, he insisted that he had to take it out to the lake and test it to make sure. I told him fine but as soon as they go to give me a call so I can make sure thy are not toying with my ski.

Next day no call from the service department, so I give them a call, guess what they are at the lake and they should be back any minute….WTF…okay… So I go and pickup my sky…and they tell me that the instrument cluster will need to be replaced…which is great (that’s what I was suspecting).

I took the sky home and just wanted to make sure they left the key in the glove box...I look inside and there is sand in the glove box…WTF…look in the cooler bin and there is some more sand in there…look at the back of the sky and notice some san in the pump nozzle.
    Then I went to check the hours on the sky and it has one hour more and a 1/3 of the gas tank down… this would not be a problem if I wasn’t babying my boat and made sure no sand comes near the pump especially inside the ski….what the hell do I don now?? Not to mention last time when I got my boat back from them there was a nice little gash/scratch on the hood...

Call them up and give them Hell ...PR...

+1
    Sand in the glove box?? That's odd, i'd just call them and ask why there is sand all over my ski. But the thing is, most dealers near lakes and bodies of water lake test. It's my opinion that you are much better off using dealers that lake test than dealers that just tank test.

+1
    Most dealers just hose test.....

J3ff
    THat is bullshit. I would go straight to the service manager - in person - no phone call.

If he doesnt help you I'd go up and up untill you were happy.

Come up with what would make you happy.....and dont stop untill you have it.

I agree. Sounds like they may have taken your ski for a joy ride. Very unprofessional. They should at a minimum fix the scratch and detail the ski. I would talk to the owner of the dealership and make them aware of what happened. Check the wear ring to see if it is worn from sand. They may have beached it or ran it in water shallower than 3 feet under power.

Ask them why there is sand all over your ski. They'll probably say something like it was from the road or they were behind a dump truck, something lame that you really can't disprove because you were not there. But ask them why no one called you when you specifically asked them to call when they were going to water test.

If they put an hour on your ski and 1/3 of your gas is gone, they weren't testing to see what the problem was, they were out having fun with it. I know guys here at the shop that water test and they are out on the water no more than a few minutes at a time.

As far as scratches, I hate that, everytime I drop my ski off it comes back to me with scratches or dings. I asked about it one time and they just stood around and didn't have any answers and said it could be from anything and offered to spray paint it.

+1
    I’m just stuck in a bad situation here….just don’t know who to approach it, I really don’t want to have bad ties whit the ONLY dealer/service in the area, but I feel like they are taking advantage of me. Plus have no idea on what to ask from them, the only thing I can think of is to clan/detail the sucker.

It is your property, screw leaving bad feelings dude. If it is bugging you go talk to them about it. You don't have to be a dick, but I would not just let it go. Calmly go in and ask to whomever is in charge, and let them know how you feel. 1 hr is way to long to diagnose an issue like that.

+1
    Thanks guys I'll give them a call this morining and post there reply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information