Thread: Cleaning

Cleaning

Is there a certain way to clean a Ski? I've heard from some old school people that you should just rinse everything with water including the engine compartment and just wd40 the whole engine, the intake grate and the whole area where the prop is so the seals won't seize. Is this right. The only place to ride here is in the ocean (salt water). Of course I need to flush the engine as well. Thanks for all your input.

wash and dry everything and a good coat of wax is always good .and always WD 40 the engine . Oh and make sure you flush the motor too .

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Jesus crimany....don't spray WD-40 all over. My god man.

That is unless you don't care about your plastic and rubber....it's 75% solvent! Great cleaner and lousy protectant.

Get yourself some Fluid Film - no solvent and best you'll ever get...last's a long time, will not evaporate and does not wash off readily. Not to mention it's non toxic/non hazardous so better for the environment...particularly on a ski or boat in direct contact with water.

Do a search on it. If you've never used it, PM "Dano50"....he's the mfg rep and will send you a free sample to try out without obligation. You will not get junk mail after that....it's simply a form of advertising. Seeings believing right? They'll bet the cost of the shipping and product that you'll love it.

Keep away from your SC belt....it will make it slip.

I want to get Fluid FIlm but how do I take the WD40 that I just spayed all over the engine out? I wonder if Dano50 will ship to Guam USA? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Jesus crimany....don't spray WD-40 all over. My god man.

That is unless you don't care about your plastic and rubber....it's 75% solvent! Great cleaner and lousy protectant.

Get yourself some Fluid Film - no solvent and best you'll ever get...last's a long time, will not evaporate and does not wash off readily. Not to mention it's non toxic/non hazardous so better for the environment...particularly on a ski or boat in direct contact with water.

Do a search on it. If you've never used it, PM "Dano50"....he's the mfg rep and will send you a free sample to try out without obligation. You will not get junk mail after that....it's simply a form of advertising. Seeings believing right? They'll bet the cost of the shipping and product that you'll love it.

Keep away from your SC belt....it will make it slip.

+1
    I would not worry about one dousing. It's not that aggressive. More polluting if anything. Dish soap or simple green + warm water then dry

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Jesus crimany....don't spray WD-40 all over. My god man. ...
    Thats a classic EShkarism!

Here is a link to a detailed discussion from last summer. Very good detail and explanation:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...alt+water+care

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    Thats a classic EShkarism!

Here is a link to a detailed discussion from last summer. Very good detail and explanation:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...alt+water+care

Here's another good discussion:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29984

+1
    Fluid Film is the bomb! I got a few cans from ES and I've squirted it on everything around my house except my wife.......
    And she's next

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Fluid Film is the bomb! I got a few cans from ES and I've squirted it on everything around my house except my wife.......
    And she's next
    Jimmy, Read thre fine print on the bottom of the can "do not squirt in the eyes or use as personal lube" lol, right on, thanks for chiming in.

I'll bet where you've applied it is still there after all this time and weather huh?

Thread Information