+1

Ever heard of Blackhawk Down?

The movie?? Well, this movie was based on a true story...one of the primary characters of this story was an Army Ranger named Todd Blackburn. Todd was a region 7 racer back in the 1991-1993, he and I raced against each other along side another one of his friends...we all had the Kawasaki SS then later the XIR's and modded SS's. He was good kid and a hard racer.

Todd (Orlando Bloom) was the one in the movie who fell out of the Blackhawk when the Somalians shot the tail prop with a RPG and they had to rescue him and his Army buds out.

Todd returned to the States injured badly but recuperated pretty well..I am going to try and find him. He was from Pensacola and a heck of a racer..I think he's a policeman over there now...anyways, I'm gonna look him up this week and go over old racing stories. Just a "back-in-the-day" old racer story that I wanted to share.

+1
    Those SS's sure were some fun skis. I had a coffman exhaust on mine made it really snappy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Those SS's sure were some fun skis. I had a coffman exhaust on mine made it really snappy.
    I had the Factory Pipe center bleed pipe that was the best pipe for the XIR's and Blaster..weird combo huh?

Todd was a great racer, tough kid no doubt...his joining the Army, I think came in the summer of '93. I just thought everyone has seen the movie and this would a different side bar to the story.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    that movie and the kingdom are bad ass movies

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    The movie?? Well, this movie was based on a true story...one of the primary characters of this story was an Army Ranger named Todd Blackburn. Todd was a region 7 racer back in the 1991-1993, he and I raced against each other along side another one of his friends...we all had the Kawasaki SS then later the XIR's and modded SS's. He was good kid and a hard racer.

Todd (Orlando Bloom) was the one in the movie who fell out of the Blackhawk when the Somalians shot the tail prop with a RPG and they had to rescue him and his Army buds out.

Todd returned to the States injured badly but recuperated pretty well..I am going to try and find him. He was from Pensacola and a heck of a racer..I think he's a policeman over there now...anyways, I'm gonna look him up this week and go over old racing stories. Just a "back-in-the-day"

old racer story that I wanted to share.

HOLY CRAP U SCARED ME .I was like not another blackhawk down we lost 8 players due to injuries and that has a big dent on our overall standing.WHEEEEWWWWWW. GO HAWKS

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    I was riding a sea-doo xp back in the early 90's. (I got over it) It sure is amazing how far and fast these toys have evolved since then. I remember when hitting 60 mph was the shit. But back then, without a radar gun you didn't know how fast you were going.

Thread Information