Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best place to ski in texas

where is the best place for jet skiing in Texas.

Thanks

Texas occupies about 7 percent of the total water and land area of the United States. Second in size among the states, Texas has a land and water area of 268,581 square miles as compared with Alaska's 663,267 square miles. California, third largest state, has 163,696 square miles. Texas is as large as all of New England, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and North Carolina combined. The state's area consists of 261,797 square miles of land and 6,784 square miles of water.
    Point is,that is just too general of a question to answer considering these facts.What region of Texas are you planning to visit?
    Here is a place for you to start---> http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/boat/where/

I am looking to move there and want to get the right location for Dirt bikes, Quads and Watercraft. Looking for a place that is jet ski friendly. Fairly small town with good home prices, Work is not important. I forgot are snakes and gators a big issue.

Thanks alot

Well,Austin would be an excellent choice.It is centrally located,and in close proximity to many,many riding options.And no Gators either.For the record,there are only Gators in southeast Texas.It is a large enough town for great employment opportunites,but smaller than D/FW,Houston,and San Antone.Just a thought.........so many places,so much variation here.

Thanks Bert

Are there any lakes you can live on with a dock.

thanks again

Virtually any lake in Texas you can live on,I would assume.I'm not understanding your question?

Ther are very few lakes in calif. that you can live on and have a private dock. Have you ever been to northern calif. I am trying to decide if I would like it there heat, humidity, bugs, snakes. Do they hate watercraft there like calif.

Thanks for you time, If you can call for free or I could call you that would be great 530 868-1168
    Steve Clark

Does it get hot here,yes.Is it humid here,yes.Bugs and snakes,you betcha! Do they hate watercraft......for the most part,no.On some lakes you may get checked by the Game Warden or lake patrols,but I have found this to be the case only when there is a lot of boat traffic,a holiday weekend,or a high concentration of watercraft,and some local skiers who have more than likely given us all a bad rap.Oh,and most bass fishermen hate us,lol.(especially when you outrun their $30,000 bass rigs).Texas is great man,I wouldn't live anywhere else personally.You can get a decent three bedroom/two bath brick home for under $100,000 here.

Thanks again,

www.txtracks.com/#

This will give you info for dirtbikes/quads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information