+1

Question Could it work..??

Hey There...

Was looking for some Motocross stuff when i came across this little beauty..!!!

See here:.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...spagenameZWDVW

What does anyone thing the chances of getting it to work on a jetski are..???

Problems i see right off are:.
    Will it work with a two stroke motor...??
    How would it hook up to the speedo wheel output..??(could work since the signal is electrical..)
    What temp probes would be best to use..??

If it can be adapted to work even just for the tach facility.. it'll make the pet2100 seem mighty expensive..

Oh and the best bit of all "its fully waterproof"..

Gerry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by quadzilla View Post
    Hey There...

Was looking for some Motocross stuff when i came across this little beauty..!!!

See here:.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...spagenameZWDVW

What does anyone thing the chances of getting it to work on a jetski are..???

Problems i see right off are:.
    Will it work with a two stroke motor...??
    How would it hook up to the speedo wheel output..??(could work since the signal is electrical..)
    What temp probes would be best to use..??

If it can be adapted to work even just for the tach facility.. it'll make the pet2100 seem mighty expensive..

Oh and the best bit of all "its fully waterproof"..

Gerry
    here is there web page i look to see if they have one for a 2 stroke engine. http://www.trailtech.net/vapor.html because there are a lot of different kits.

im wondering if there not configured specifically for that unit. im kinda curious to know how the speedo works my self .

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    here is there web page i look to see if they have one for a 2 stroke engine. http://www.trailtech.net/vapor.html because there are a lot of different kits.

im wondering if there not configured specifically for that unit. im kinda curious to know how the speedo works my self .
    Wheel Size Setting:
    Standard wheel size settings: All dirtbikes with 21" front wheels = 2109. ATV's with 15" front wheels = 1580. ATV's with 22" front wheels = 1676. While these measurements are accurate enough for most people, a more accurate wheel size value can be achieved by following the detailed distance measurement formula in the User's Manual.
    The speed reading is twice as high as it should be.
    This is called a double-trigger. Every time the magnet passes the speed sensor, it is triggering the sensor twice (both poles of the magnet trip the sensor.) To fix the problem, adjust the distance or angle of the sensor in relation to the magnet. Alternatively, halve the wheel size value in data

setting mode.

it sounds like it uses a magnet attached to a wheel that passes a sensor mounted on the bike which depending on the wheel settings then takes this data and calculates the speed...

Last edited by izz0; 01-23-2008 at 08:17 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    Wheel Size Setting:
    Standard wheel size settings: All dirtbikes with 21" front wheels = 2109. ATV's with 15" front wheels = 1580. ATV's with 22" front wheels = 1676. While these measurements are accurate enough for most people, a more accurate wheel size value can be achieved by following the detailed distance measurement formula in the User's Manual.
    The speed reading is twice as high as it should be.
    This is called a double-trigger. Every time the magnet passes the speed sensor, it is triggering the sensor twice (both poles of the magnet trip the sensor.) To fix the problem, adjust the distance or angle of the sensor in relation to the magnet. Alternatively, halve the wheel size value in data

setting mode.

it sounds like it uses a magnet attached to a wheel that passes a sensor mounted on the bike which depending on the wheel settings then takes this data and calculates the speed...

doesn't the paddle device on the ride plate use the same system or idea basically. although i would imagine it wouldn't work with this unit

Moderated
    possibly but this unit is geared to much large wheel rotations which i suspect ( with my limited knowlege) would be a problem. best bet would be to call them and ask, if these are indeed feasable for a 2 stroke perhaps they might be interested in making them work if they know there is a market for them...just a thought.....

+1
    Who uses a speedometer anyways?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Well my speedo is wayyy of. i get 57 out of my ski gps and it says 64 so it is as useless as could be.

i just thought it would a nice thing to mount to a gpr if you were doing a conversion. but i guess you wouldn't have a fuel gauge then.

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Hey! I resemble that remark!!

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    we had BAD luck with the trail tech on rapidfire inc's kawasaki V-FORCE. it just never seamed to work right. and he replaced the sensor cable twice. once he broke the other it just came apart...

Thread Information