I-Rock & I-Drive Wireless Remotes

Has anyone tried the I-Rock or I-Drive wireless RF remotes? They make them for Clarion, Dual and other Head Units. You can put it anywhere and it looks like an easy solution for having basic stereo controls at you finger tips. The I-Drive remote is designed to be installed in the center of your steering wheel.

I-Rock Remote
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Clarion_iRock_Key_Fob_Remote&cna me=Marine-Stereo-Accessories&r=view&i=75906

I-Drive Remote
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=iDrive_Wireless_Stereo_Steering_ Wheel_Remote_Control_for_Clarion&r=view&i=75905&aI D=
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75906_L1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	54159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75905_L1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	54160  

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    I was also looking into these remotes. Only thing is you have to do a little wiring.

Overtons has a good return policy if you decide not to keep it. Let me know how you make out.

Here is the pdf from crutchfield on how the alpine rf remote hooks up. I can't find a pdf manual for the clarion rf remotes.

------>http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...500RUEM1RF.PDF
    Last edited by holdnon72; 01-23-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Alooy89,

Look what I found------>http://www.h2owaves.com/

I'm gonna get one. I called the company that makes them and they said that the transmitter plugs into the M475 wired remote port on the rear of the clarion head-unit. The only other wire is an orange wire that hooks up to 12Volt just for programming the remote. Then you can disconnect the orange wire.

I like the one that is portable with the little holster cause you can leave it in the holster mounted anywhere you want or you can just hold it in your hand. And it's totally waterproof. No drilling cause you can use the heavy duty clear plastic velcro to mount the holster.

I also just found out the the one that mounts inside the middle of your steering wheel only needs 3/8" mounting depth. So I might even be able to mount this inside of my sportster steering wheel center cover.

The company that makes these is called Interactive Technoligies

Hope this info helps you...
    Last edited by holdnon72; 01-23-2008 at 01:13 PM.

If it will fit, I still want to try and install a Clarion indash remote but I'm also going to get the I-Rock remote. This should work good when swimming. I'll just velcro the remote holder somewere on the rear of the boat so I can remove it underway and when in storage.

I also just got off the phone with my Seadoo dealer and I now can't pick up my Speedster untill Saturday. He just received my Depth Finder and still has to install and test it.

Thread Information