Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New Riva product for 250X

Just wanted to make you guys aware

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=706

This lightweight cover fills the large void left when the stock steering system is removed; preventing water from entering the hull and reducing engine noise. Designed for use with UMI Steering System and highly recommend when using RIVA Pro-Series Power Filter Kit (part# RK13096).

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    nice, i might pick one of those when i start testing diff handlebars on the stock adjustanle stem.... would need to be modded but def answers some of the concerns of water intrusion with the system

I wonder where is their stage 2...

+1
    About the stage 2 kit

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    we do not have a specific release date for our Ultra 250 Stage 2 Kit at this time. It's a challenge to provide an economical kit that delivers significant speed gains after the initial installation of our Stage 1 kit. We will continue with the development process until we are satisfied with the value and performance gains that further modifications add to the craft.

could this be self modified to suit the TBM offshore system

Stock adj. bars

Speaking of the stock adjustable steering, does anyone know of a smash pad that might cover the top of the stem when the black cover is removed. I recently decided to remove the ugly black cover and foam only to discover a handlebar that doesn't look to bad. It would need a little dressing up, but i'd like to keep it exposed and try to find a handle bar cover similar to one I saw on a quad one time. I looked and can't find any, but was hopinng someone might know where to get one. This insert would be a perfect combo for the exposed handle bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan74 View Post
    Ive got same question. Also, wouldnt this cover create ideal space for mounting extra guages? Looks like it may give all the extra space needed for boost guage etc.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJRIVERRIDER View Post
    Speaking of the stock adjustable steering, does anyone know of a smash pad that might cover the top of the stem when the black cover is removed. I recently decided to remove the ugly black cover and foam only to discover a handlebar that doesn't look to bad. It would need a little dressing up, but i'd like to keep it exposed and try to find a handle bar cover similar to one I saw on a quad one time. I looked and can't find any, but was hopinng someone might know where to get one. This insert would be a perfect combo for the exposed handle bar.
    I thought about this too when installing my bilge LED indicator. My idea was to go down to a trading post and picking up some foam or find some from packing....a good size block to work with. Then get the wifey or mom, or upholstery shop to sew up a vinyl cover with snap closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan74 View Post
    Sure it could....whip out the dremel. Trouble is the TBM unit is "wide" so you'll need to bore a big hole or slot where the fork tubes penetrate which IMO would defeat the water issue....if that is a concern. Looks like the Riva unit might be affixed with VHB tape eh? I don't see screw heads.

Good call Blue with the gauges. Once I get the pulley kit going, i'll need the clean area to mount the gauge. Checked around and found one funny looking square pad that might work, but I wouldn't know till I had one. Also noticed that Riva has a generic replacement bar with a pad, but not sure if it would work. I'll keep on it.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJRIVERRIDER View Post
    Good call Blue with the gauges. Once I get the pulley kit going, i'll need the clean area to mount the gauge. Checked around and found one funny looking square pad that might work, but I wouldn't know till I had one. Also noticed that Riva has a generic replacement bar with a pad, but not sure if it would work. I'll keep on it.
    generic bars will not work because of the angled mount of the bars on the stock steering stem... i am having adapters machined in the next work or so to allow different bars on the stock adjustable steering system

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information