Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55
  1. #1

    why remove reverse

    ?


  2. #2
    Because in my humble opinion it's a complete waste, clutters the pump area, and doesn't belong on a muscle craft. Now a lot of people will disagree with me, but that's just my opinion, nothing more nothing less. Performance wise removing reverse doesn't do a damn thing. UNLESS you have a pump wedge and the reverse bucket is blocking some of the water flow exiting the pump, but in this case you don't need to remove reverse, just trim the reverse bucket.

  3. #3
    captain obvious Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Visalia, Ca
    Posts
    2,316
    I never used it and I like the way the pump looks without it. IMO looks like 15lbs of $hit thrown into a 2lb bag

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    I like the way the pump looks without it. IMO looks like 15lbs of $hit thrown into a 2lb bag
    Couldn't agree more! Much more professional look without it.

  5. #5
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Performance wise removing reverse doesn't do a damn thing.
    So why did you take it off?

    Are you really doing that much stuff around the pump where it needs to be orginized besides taking the pump off? Yeah it does look better without it on there but shit its not worth NOT having reverse.

  6. #6
    Alex The Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    So why did you take it off?

    Are you really doing that much stuff around the pump where it needs to be orginized besides taking the pump off? Yeah it does look better without it on there but shit its not worth NOT having reverse.
    exactly... if it doesnt do anything for you to take it off, maybe one time you'll need it .... there isnt any good coming out of it by taking it off just leave it on.

  7. #7
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    To all their own though. I mean i drove gpr's for 2 years before my RXP and i knew how to dock and pull them onto trailers like it was my job and i still would rather have reverse expecially on the rxp with the really highy idle speed.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    So why did you take it off?

    Are you really doing that much stuff around the pump where it needs to be orginized besides taking the pump off? Yeah it does look better without it on there but shit its not worth NOT having reverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    exactly... if it doesnt do anything for you to take it off, maybe one time you'll need it .... there isnt any good coming out of it by taking it off just leave it on.
    So let me ask you two a question...does everything have to be performance related for it to be worth it? It was worth it for me. Like I said, less clutter in the pump easier and quicker to work on. That's just me, I like things neat and clean, not all jangly or what have you.

    The best way to dock a ski IMO is to get off of it, get wet (you're riding a ski for heaven's sake), and move it yourself. This is my opinion, but where I ride it's useless. #1 I'm on a big lake, and #2 where I dock if you try using reverese you will suck up a rock, go through wear rings much quicker, or crash because the reverse is not responsive enough to handle the waves that come crashing in, and I don't care if you are God with reverse.

  9. #9
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    So let me ask you two a question...does everything have to be performance related for it to be worth it? It was worth it for me. Like I said, less clutter in the pump easier and quicker to work on. That's just me, I like things neat and clean, not all jangly or what have you.

    The best way to dock a ski IMO is to get off of it, get wet (you're riding a ski for heaven's sake), and move it yourself. This is my opinion, but where I ride it's useless. #1 I'm on a big lake, and #2 where I dock if you try using reverese you will suck up a rock, go through wear rings much quicker, or crash because the reverse is not responsive enough to handle the waves that come crashing in, and I don't care if you are God with reverse.
    I guess i could see where your coming from with the clutter if your replacing rings to different sizes but other then that what are u constantly doing to the pump or in the area of the pump where the bucket gets in the way ritually? Im not even trying to be a smart ass i really am curious.
    In the Engine compartment your theory completely makes sense, you want everything to be clean and not all over the place so you know where certain things are and be able to see things to distinguish a problem or just check things as well as have easy access to things for repair.

    As for your second question. I guess it really depends on the lake. Here in Illinois in every marina ive been in at least has break walls so there is no waves in the marina and on top of that the average depth in the marina is about 6-8 feet throughout so i dont have to worry about sucking anything up and to be honest if i was go into any marina (at least on my lake) jump off and swim my ski to the dock i would probably look like the biggest shitbag in there considering i cant dock a jet ski. It's a lot harder to dock a 40 foot boat then it is a jet ski, i dont see the guy driving the boat jumping in the water swimming it into his slip. Actually i dont think ive ever seen someone jump off their ski and swim it to a dock for that matter in waves or glass

    I could dock my ski anywhere without reverse but with it just makes it a lot easier. It's like framing a wall with hammer and nails even though i have a framing gun which will get the job done a lot easier and faster.

    Again to all there own RXPkid if thats how you want to do your thing then so be it im not saying your wrong im just voicing my opinion on the matter.

  10. #10
    Mrs.Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Shorewood,IL
    Posts
    3,797
    +1
    9
    I have to agree with ya Matt..Here in IL and in IN some of the places we go to reverse is a savior.. were we do most of our riding it helps out tremendously.Especialy with the idle speed on these things as high as they are.At least it helps me anyway

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. remove reverse 97 venture 1100
    By official_style in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 08:56 AM
  2. Why remove the oil pump?
    By agood1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
  3. Removing Reverse Lever and Bucket
    By ghashimoto in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 08:51 PM
  4. Any gains by removing reverse bucket ?
    By MIARider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
  5. Removing reverse system on RXP?
    By RXP-REX in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •