Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Need Help with thru hull install????

I'm puting my riva thru hull (was on rxp) on my gtx. I use PR instructions with the exhaust tip with no prob. That was definetly the best way to install the tip.
    I fitted everything and it all lines up good.

I am trying to figure out how I am going to tighten the hose clamp up that conects silicone coupler to exhaust tip???????????

I can get the coupler on with the clamp in good position but there is no way I can reach it.

I have the block off's. Is it possible to remove the cover and use a screw diver there to tighten?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I'm puting my riva thru hull (was on rxp) on my gtx. I use PR instructions with the exhaust tip with no prob. That was definetly the best way to install the tip.
    I fitted everything and it all lines up good.

I am trying to figure out how I am going to tighten the hose clamp up that conects silicone coupler to exhaust tip???????????

I can get the coupler on with the clamp in good position but there is no way I can reach it.

I have the block off's. Is it possible to remove the cover and use a screw diver there to tighten?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    I believe some other have mentioned using the Opas hole to reach the clamp

cool! Yes I had the left side block off removed for access to the "T: bolt clamps that I used...

so if you can remove the block off, set up the clamps so you can reach with extension, swivel, and socket, then tighten`em up! ...PR...

note* the clamps in the pic might be regular clamps, I later changed out to "T" bolt type...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-29-2008 at 07:08 AM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    on the 3-seaters... you gotta have 5 foot arms, or you MUST go thru the OPAS hole... i usually go in there with a 1/4" universal swivel socket thru the side opas hole

with practice you'll get better.. if ur lucky this will be the only time u gotta do it... if ur me, ur taking those clamps off every other wednesday, LOL

for me even though it was an rxp i reached with one hand down the pipe and move the clamps so i could get a good angle on them and had just enough feel on the clamps tighteners. then to tighten them i used a rachet and socket. easy

or do what i did for bruins r me, i climbed into the engine area and got in behind the motor, easy to do if laying down ontop of the motor. it was funy all you can see were my legs.

+1
    Thanks PR,

I was getting worried tonight on how that could be done. I started to remove the cover and I thought I would end it for the night and check here.
    I was hoping that it could be done that way and with your picture I can see how it will work. That pic is a perfect answer.

Your tip install worked perfect. I drilled all the holes early this evening and did as you said except I only let it sit up for 2 hours and then decided to bite the bullet and try to get it all done.
    I got lucky as the retainer stayed in place when removing the bolts.
    I short time later I realized my arm was not long enough and if it was my gut was in the way.

At least I can relax nowing that it is possible.

Thanks for the info

sweet! Glad it worked out for ya! ...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    on the 3-seaters... you gotta have 5 foot arms, or you MUST go thru the OPAS hole... i usually go in there with a 1/4" universal swivel socket thru the side opas hole

with practice you'll get better.. if ur lucky this will be the only time u gotta do it... if ur me, ur taking those clamps off every other wednesday, LOL
    I hope this is the only time. I thought I would put the riva thru hull and water box from my rxp because it has been gutted.

I will have to install the shorty box on the rxp once it arrives but I think it is possible to reach. I hope.

Now I know why sea doo put that pastic elbow with screw type connector on that boat to start with.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Thread View Post
    for me even though it was an rxp i reached with one hand down the pipe and move the clamps so i could get a good angle on them and had just enough feel on the clamps tighteners. then to tighten them i used a rachet and socket. easy

or do what i did for bruins r me, i climbed into the engine area and got in behind the motor, easy to do if laying down ontop of the motor. it was funy all you can see were my legs.
    That want happen in my lifetime. You must be much smaller than me. I tried that and all I accomplished was wondering if I was going to be able to get out. haha

+1
    The only problem with going thru the OPAS holes is if you decide to change your waterbox the clamps will be difficult to get to without removing the OPAS blockoff. I removed a RE blockoff before that was intsalled with "right stuff", man that was a job. I have found with practice that I was able to reach clamps from the inside and for the most part is a 5 minute job with a ratchet and socket.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information