Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: more speed

more speed

hi everyone im new to this forum, ive owned jet skis for ten years now, 750 Xi, 98Xp and my newst ski is a 07 rxp bought new last year. my Qs is what are the best mods to gain top end. i love everything abouut the ski handling, pick up, stability. i just want every bit of top end as i can get. i have every 4stroke website in my favorites but before i make any decisions i figured id ask you guys. p.s im looking to spend no more than 1000.00 bucks

+1
    Maybe a greenwheel and a 4" air intake and intercooler will get you in the 75 mph range or so....or drop your motor into a gpr just the way it is and get 83 mph... Welcome to the forums.

sounds like a start. i havent seen any for inch intakes. i saw the adaptor am i missing something. what about those skegs for the ride plate i know they help with stright line tracking but does anyone know for sure that mod will add any top end.

P.S that is a sweet gpr. but i cant give up my rxp. waited to long for her. 98Xp to 07Rxp 9 years is a long time to wait for a new ski than go choppin it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    welcome to GH,

First go to 4 tech performance and click on mods for newbies at the top. that will get you understanding what is possible. then go to the online store or the classifieds here in sea doo section and you can get an idea on prices.

It is hard to say what you need to do to stay under 1,000 as there are a few options. I think you could increase your air flow in and out and look at more boost.
    You can find the 4 inch here online store as rear air or use search and you can find threads on how to make your own 4 inch.

With my experience it has cost me a fair amount to get to the speed Iam at (more than you ever would expect) as it takes so much more to get speed on water, and as a result there is no quick fix or cheap way.
    I have more in mods than I paid for the ski. rxp
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by skoepp; 01-25-2008 at 04:43 PM.

+1
    You can't go wrong with a basic Riva Stage 1 for $650 through the site store. It'll get you to about 71 mph. Do the free mod's (fill rideplate holes, trim reverse bucket, remove nosecone) and you'll see a solid 72. If you have a little extra cash, add the Green wheel for another $450 and you'll see and honest 74 - 75 mph.

If you plan on adding the green wheel, then specify a 15/20r prop when buying the stage 1.

Mike

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAVY1313 View Post
    sounds like a start. i havent seen any for inch intakes. i saw the adaptor am i missing something. what about those skegs for the ride plate i know they help with stright line tracking but does anyone know for sure that mod will add any top end.
    Typically 4 inch intake are custome made pieces useing Kanoflex hose or Aluminum with silicon couplers and a Spectre SS filter element.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAVY1313 View Post
    hi everyone im new to this forum, ive owned jet skis for ten years now, 750 Xi, 98Xp and my newst ski is a 07 rxp bought new last year. my Qs is what are the best mods to gain top end. i love everything abouut the ski handling, pick up, stability. i just want every bit of top end as i can get. i have every 4stroke website in my favorites but before i make any decisions i figured id ask you guys. p.s im looking to spend no more than 1000.00 bucks
    i think if you want more speed then $1000 is your primary goal, but it wont give you alot, you'd be better saving up so you notice the differance, cos 1000 i think wont be that noticable, regards bill

+1
    welcome to the forum RLAVY

thanks guys, i deff didnt expect such great replies, taking what you guys have suggested im putting together a small list parts and mods im going to be doing in the next couple of weeks. will deff keep you posted. and ill keep checking for any other ideas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information