Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fuel filter on a 1050 SLXH

Just got off the phone with babbits looking for a fuel filter for a polaris SLXH 1050...According to them, the Polaris SLXH doesn't have a fuel filter....does anyone else see something wrong with that picture?

Is the filter that is housed in the fuel/water sep. the only fuel filter? the clymers manual describes it as being on the line like the oil filter, however I followed the line and didn't see it anywhere. Maybe the previous owner removed that too (like he removed my stock air filter (THAT BASTARD!)) but I'm thinking the babbits rep. was right...She just wasn't too friendly and didn't seem to want to help me. So now I'm here once again for final clarification

Can I get away with taking the filter out of the fuel/water sep. and just cleaning it?

+1

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

filter

one is inside the f/w seperator,and each carb has a small one that snaps over the needle seat in each carb

+1
    My shop manual shows no filters on 3 cylinder domestic.1996/97 2 cyl had 2 filters in fuel lines between pick-up and selecter valve.You could Install a filter if you are worried. Polaris#2530008

+1
    I always install the external filters as the internal carb filters plug pretty fast and easily. Those internal filters are also like 15.00 each and usually break when you remove them, so use care when cleaning them.
    I have photo's somewhere showing how ugly they get and how lean they'll run your boat.
    Spend the couple bucks for the external filters, money well spent. As I recall Randy at Watcon has the high flow aftermarket units vs the pricey Polaris ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    I always install the external filters as the internal carb filters plug pretty fast and easily. Those internal filters are also like 15.00 each and usually break when you remove them, so use care when cleaning them.
    I have photo's somewhere showing how ugly they get and how lean they'll run your boat.
    Spend the couple bucks for the external filters, money well spent. As I recall Randy at Watcon has the high flow aftermarket units vs the pricey Polaris ones.
    how do I get to the filters in the carbs on the k40/35 ?

best bet is to get a glass or plastic in line 1/4 inch universal fuel filter , but i was shocked my self it didnt have one ,

this way if its close to the carbs you can take the seat off a get a gilmpse of what she is jugging down , also most of these have a fine filter so it will catch what the water/sep and carbs screens will pass thru

+1

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    The twins have em. How much money did Polaris save by not putting them on the triples?

Edit: bad picture, that's how I purchased my project cane. No idea why they were disconnected when the ski had an electrical problem. the guy was obviously in over his head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0721.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	673.6 KB 
ID:	54887  
    Last edited by Polaris_Nut#1; 01-27-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information