Question Info on a 2003 GP 1300R

I had a deal on buying a 2004 gtx, but that fell through, so now i'm back to the GP 1300R, Its an 03' And I would like to see what can you guys tell me about it. I know i wanted it for tubing and stuff, but i see this is a two seater, so i guess no tubing for now, but it'll give me some experience on a waverunner. Also, anything you can tell me on maintenance, is it hard to learn how to ride, do you have to mix gas and oil to fuel it up, and how is everyones experience on gas consumption. I'm actually trading it for a 1997 Seadoo Challenger. Do you guys think its a good deal?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1229 View Post
    I had a deal on buying a 2004 gtx, but that fell through, so now i'm back to the GP 1300R, Its an 03' And I would like to see what can you guys tell me about it. I know i wanted it for tubing and stuff, but i see this is a two seater, so i guess no tubing for now, but it'll give me some experience on a waverunner. Also, anything you can tell me on maintenance, is it hard to learn how to ride, do you have to mix gas and oil to fuel it up, and how is everyones experience on gas consumption. I'm actually trading it for a 1997 Seadoo Challenger. Do you guys think its a good deal?
    I would not think this would be the ski to have for pulling tubes. You need to check your local laws since most require a spotter or mirrors and room for the person you are pulling on the ski. You only have 2 seats so that leaves the only option on mirrors which you would have to add to the ski.
    As for value, how many hours is on it and what condition is it in. Sight unseen and market conditions would say top dollar guess of $4500-$5000 at best.
    As for maintenance, the 03s have pump tunnel issues and the always weak links on the 1200 and 1300s are the power valves and catalytic convertors. Do a search on all 3 and you will get hours of reading.
    My opinion, the GPR is a ski for someone who just wants to ride 1 or maybe 2 up and have fun doing it. If you want a family or play ski, get a 3 seater.

African-American
    +1
    GPR is really more of a single seater.

Look at the following: Yamaha FX HO / SHO, Seadoo RXT or Kawasaki Ultra 250, those are all big 3 seaters.

If your on a tight budget, my old tube puller was amazing. Seadoo GTS / GTX

Well, i was looking at a GTX SC, but the whole deal didnt work out. So maybe i should find one. The only reason why i was going for the GP1300 is cuz the guy was going to trade me for my challenger. I really havent had any luck selling it, so it seemed like a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1229 View Post
    Well, i was looking at a GTX SC, but the whole deal didnt work out. So maybe i should find one. The only reason why i was going for the GP1300 is cuz the guy was going to trade me for my challenger. I really havent had any luck selling it, so it seemed like a good decision.
    well you`d have to think is this a fair trade? dollar per dollar? it`s not apples to apples
    sorry to hear the GTX deal went south, damn that was a nice deal...
    if it were me, I don`t think I`d be to hasty, have a look around, you have plenty of time and a wide selection of good used ski`s should be out there this spring...PR...

Thats true, i'm gonna wait a little longer to see what comes up. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my boat a little longer while i still have it.
    Thanks for your opinions guys, I value them alot.

Thread Information