Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: $109 washers?!!

$109 washers?!!

I am looking to replace the clutch washers in my supercharger and at riva racing they are about $110. Do I really have to pay that much for 2 little pieces of metal? Aren't they just like regular washers I could get at NAPA?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpiowa View Post
    Aren't they just like regular washers I could get at NAPA?
    Not even close! These aren't your typical metal washers you would find at a hardware store or auto parts store. These are purpose built out of an extremely expensive metal that has a high hardness and more importantly has extremely high anti wear properties as they have to live thru repeated clutch slippings at 60,000 RPM's.

You can save 10% off of that $109.95 and all Riva parts by shopping here in this sites online store. The coupon code is: greenhulk

thanks alot

+1
    Think of the $110 as an insurance policy! If you don't get them you will be paying ALOT more later ex.(new oil pump's, pto cover, s/c bearings and possibly crank and new bearings for that and not to mention the down time) Now $110 doesn't seem so bad does it!!!

Like the old saying goes" you can pay me now or you can pay me later, but you will pay"

Good luck buddy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Not even close! These aren't your typical metal washers you would find at a hardware store or auto parts store. These are purpose built out of an extremely expensive metal that has a high hardness and more importantly has extremely high anti wear properties as they have to live thru repeated clutch slippings at 60,000 RPM's.

You can save 10% off of that $109.95 and all Riva parts by shopping here in this sites online store. The coupon code is: greenhulk
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Think of the $110 as an insurance policy! If you don't get them you will be paying ALOT more later ex.(new oil pump's, pto cover, s/c bearings and possibly crank and new bearings for that and not to mention the down time) Now $110 doesn't seem so bad does it!!!

Like the old saying goes" you can pay me now or you can pay me later, but you will pay"

Good luck buddy
    +2

rxpiowa, Welcome to the Board.

Do a search on SC failures, ceramic washers etc. and read up on the facts behind this mod/repair...PR...

for starters:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40298
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-27-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Is your ski in warranty? If not then think about this.

1. Pay the $100 to help save your supercharger and engine

2. Not pay the $100 and leave your ski at a dealer for at least six weeks and pay over $1000 for the repair

If it is, still buy them since even though the service would be covered, you wouldn't have your ski for over a month.

+1
    They cost what they cost but that doesn't mean we have to be excited and ignore the fact that you're still paying for washers that cost more than if they were made out of gold.

I appreciate the discount that Jerry offers and again this is what it cost but the fact that you have to sell the price as a price to pay or else you'll be sorry is no different than selling gas at $100/gallon knowing that you'll go nowhere without it.

Just me agreeing with the initial reaction of the person posting this thread.

In Iowa and here in the Northwest we don't have the mob forcing us to pay for protection like they do on the East Coast

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    They cost what they cost but that doesn't mean we have to be excited and ignore the fact that you're still paying for washers that cost more than if they were made out of gold.

I appreciate the discount that Jerry offers and again this is what it cost but the fact that you have to sell the price as a price to pay or else you'll be sorry is no different than selling gas at $100/gallon knowing that you'll go nowhere without it.

Just me agreeing with the initial reaction of the person posting this thread.

In Iowa and here in the Northwest we don't have the mob forcing us to pay for protection like they do on the East Coast
    True, I think we all had that reaction at one time or another, simple fact tho. it`s still by far cheaper than injesting the ceramics. The only fear is having to go thru it again

and MOB protection???

I must be south of the "Bada Bing" line , but Joe Bagadonuts lives around the corner... ...PR...

+1
    With that said, if I needed the washers I'd pay the $110 if I had ceramics without even thinking twice about it. And if I was married I wouldn't tell my wife what they cost because that's a discussion you'll only lose. Too, if I was buying $110 washers I wouldn't trust myself to install, so the price is much more but again it's the piece of mind that's driving the decision to pay that in the first place so what's a few more dollars?

Look at it as the same price as a speeding ticket...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information