Service Reflects Sales

First let me vent. Im in the market for a new RXT.So I went shopping.
    Went to a few dealers. Getting prices. Every dealer I went to the service department looked like a SHIT HOUSE. Tools all over. Garbage all over the place.Tools laying in the footwells of skis and nothing to protect the ski from scratches. Grease fingerprints on everything. also Brand new boats on carts with no protection for the hull.They look at you and say were real busy. Friends of mine have bought skis The salesman comes out to deliver the ski.Hypes you up. Meanwile a decal is scratched. Or it looks like someone spilt battery acid on it. Well Fuckin excuse me. If Im paying thousands for a brand new ski it better be fuckin perfect. Dealers get you shit together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J3ff
    This is why I avoid dealership work at all costs.

Re: Service Reflects Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len
    service department looked like a SHIT HOUSE.
    The dealer i bring mine to for repair(been there a few times) is damn clean. They have a very good service department. They came to pick my ski up, a 1.5 hr drive, and i was impressed by the service area as well.

All the new skis i saw there were on trailers, no cradles, so dunno bout that one.

If you are in a town where it is near water, they don't care. They know they are the only ones around and know they are going to make money. There is no competition for them or the nearest one is in the next town and if they loose customers to that dealership they know the ones that are not happy with that one will come to theirs.

I hate all dealerships from every brand. The only one that I know of that does quality work is Riva. From sales to service they are the only 5 star ( if there was a rating for pwc dealerships ) dealership that I know of.

I thought about opening my own dealership. But then quickly realized the amount of dumb people trying to get something for nothing. Maybe that is one of the problems the dealerships face. Everytime a mechanic is working on something at the yamaha shop there is usually a flock of people pestering the mechanic. Wanting to know how to fix something or if they can get parts for free from the mechanic. But then again maybe those people want to fix the problem themselves because they know the service is crappy.

Re: Service Reflects Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len
    First let me vent. Im in the market for a new RXT.So I went shopping.
    Went to a few dealers. Getting prices. Every dealer I went to the service department looked like a SHIT HOUSE. Tools all over. Garbage all over the place.Tools laying in the footwells of skis and nothing to protect the ski from scratches. Grease fingerprints on everything. also Brand new boats on carts with no protection for the hull.They look at you and say were real busy. Friends of mine have bought skis The salesman comes out to deliver the ski.Hypes you up. Meanwile a decal is scratched. Or it looks like someone spilt battery acid on it. Well f*ck excuse me. If Im paying thousands for a brand new ski it better be f*ck perfect. Dealers get you shit together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW , sounds like you blew a head gasket there bro!...
    Mellow, Mellow, Mellow ...PR...

Andy You sure know about blowin head gaskets

Pettee,

Which dealer do you take your ski to?

Thanks!

Dealers.

Some dealers are better then others, sales, service, etc. The local Yamaha/Seadoo dealer in my area was sold a couple of years ago and opened under new mgmt. The new owners ran off all the qualified service techs and anyone else who actually knew anything about skis or bikes. An acquaintence of mine recently took his FX Cruisers in for an oil change and 3 WEEKS later when he went to pick them up, found them out back and filthy in a fenced lot, one of the covers on another customer's ski and the other cover just plain gone, all the storage bins missing as well as everything that was in them. After having to convince them that he actaully did have covers on both and that there were other things missing, they eventually found the other cover and all the storage bins scattered throughout the shop. And they only charged him $470 for that fine customer service!

What? 470 for an oil change! Sounds like a firebombing is in order ...PR...

Thread Information