Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Uh Oh, GTX is dooin' 73.1 mph

Well, after comparing the Skat 3 blade to the 15/20R (out of the box), the 15/20 seems to have the advantage. I can't take anything from the Skat until I retest it after Jerry does his thing.

With a "FULL" tank and air @ 60 and water @ 64 that 15/20R was "kickin" some butt:

73.1 @ only 8150 RPM's using the 82 mm ring. A whole lot of 72.7's, 72.9's and a whole lot of 73.0 -1's. My 73's were with 6 bars of fuel. Like I said, and not even turning 8200 RPM's. Of course to have had a perfect day would have been asking to much. I had this gremlin near the end of last year and it seemed to have cleared itself up. After turning the ski off and leaving the key in, tried to start it, and "NOTHING." Tried to start again and it barely truned over. Eventually it started and I called it a day and packed it up. I remembered that Miketrin had this problem so on the way home I picked up a starter relay (amazingly they had it in stock) and hope this fixes the problem like it did with Mike. Hmmm, having it in stock makes me think that this is more of a common problem than I thought.

+1

Your sig doesn't say IC. Are you not using an IC and getting 73 ? So the Racing ECU on a GTX makes the rpm's go to 8200 ?
    73 is hauling!!! and your turning a 15/20!! what is in the monster. Is it the 11boost letting you turn that 15/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Your sig doesn't say IC. Are you not using an IC and getting 73 ? So the Racing ECU on a GTX makes the rpm's go to 8200 ?
    73 is hauling!!! and your turning a 15/20!! what is in the monster. Is it the 11boost letting you turn that 15/20.
    Kinch, the intercooler is a given....

There is not enough room on my signature for everything... Here is a quick overview....

Relfashed ECU, I was turning 8550 with the Skat 3 blade
    RR Intercooler w/Race Tech Plumbing
    Thru Hull exhaust by Nils and Mark Underwood
    Les Cookes B Kit
    Skat Triple set up
    All sorts of gauges to monitor everything
    Nils' fuel controller and 55 lb injectors
    RR HD Clutch
    Oh yeah, in it's current form it is a monster, but there is lots more to come in the near future.....

Are you going to try to get your rpms up any, by lower the pitch ?

I am glad to see that your boat is running as fast as it is!! Yeah, get that prop pitched right and your speed will definately go up along with the acceleration!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Kinch, the intercooler is a given....

There is not enough room on my signature for everything... Here is a quick overview....

Relfashed ECU, I was turning 8550 with the Skat 3 blade
    RR Intercooler w/Race Tech Plumbing
    Thru Hull exhaust by Nils and Mark Underwood
    Les Cookes B Kit
    Skat Triple set up
    All sorts of gauges to monitor everything
    Nils' fuel controller and 55 lb injectors
    RR HD Clutch
    Oh yeah, in it's current form it is a monster, but there is lots more to come in the near future.....

Thanks Brian,

Your mapping of the controller is "AMAZING" to say the least!!! I was talking to Nils and he suggested running an 83 mm ring prior to sending the 15/20 to Jerry. The RPM's will come up for sure with that but lets see what the MPH and acceleration does with it.

+1
    I was wondering if you fell off the face of the earth.....lol....Good job Jay...Dam good job...now rip her down and get those pistons out!!!

Thanks Brian,

Your mapping of the controller is "AMAZING" to say the least!!! I was talking to Nils and he suggested running an 83 mm ring prior to sending the 15/20 to Jerry. The RPM's will come up for sure with that but lets see what the MPH and acceleration does with it.
    skat 14 /19 you will be the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by robe
    Thanks Brian,

skat 14 /19 you will be the right one.
    I hear ya robe and the testing will show which is best for my setup....My Skat 14/19 3 blade is on its way to Jerry for a bend. I just know that the differences in the 15/20R out of the box compared to the Skat 14/19 out of the box was like night and day, meaning the Solas way outperformed it. This is not to say there is something wrong with the Skat because I will give it another try once I get it back to really see which is the better performer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information