Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC reinstall question

I have an 04 GTX and had Jerry swap out the bearings on the supercharger. Upon reinstallation, the motor back fired and gave me a engine temp warning after only 15 seconds of operation. Any thoughts?

you probably forgot to plug in the temp sensor on the waterbox.....as far as the backfiring......not sure

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    any water in the hull? remember to refit the 2 water hoses on the j pipe, otherwise check waterbox sensor.
    Does it still run now? did the old washers breakup or you just replace before they do?

Did you hook it up to the hose? Gotta run it on water and try it again.

15 seconds , possibly hot exhaust gasses without water introduction will set-off temp alarm, but 15 sec is kinda quick
    backfiring could be from fuel in cyclinder to a crappy plug...

start-up, turn on the hose and check again, don`t rev the crap out of it, just let it idle for a few, then slowly pull the throttle a bit ...PR...

The old washers did not break up. I just replaced the sc bearings after hearing the warnings from others. I'll check the waterbox plugins. Thanks

I can now say that I changed the SC washers on a ski before it ever seen water. My ski came out of the crate last weekend and yesterday I put the new steel washers in it. All the lakes are iced up right now. This was my 4th ski to change washers on. It's for sure getting easier. After I got my tools rounded up it probably took about an hour total to do the job. The only thing that is a PIA for me is getting the strap back on that goes over the muffler. Anyone got any tips to make that easier to do?

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    i got a flat screwdriver and ground a v into the tip so it locates itself onto the strap so i can push it down and clip it on.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    i got a flat screwdriver and ground a v into the tip so it locates itself onto the strap so i can push it down and clip it on.
    Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by darrel View Post
    I can now say that I changed the SC washers on a ski before it ever seen water. My ski came out of the crate last weekend and yesterday I put the new steel washers in it. All the lakes are iced up right now. This was my 4th ski to change washers on. It's for sure getting easier. After I got my tools rounded up it probably took about an hour total to do the job. The only thing that is a PIA for me is getting the strap back on that goes over the muffler. Anyone got any tips to make that easier to do?
    I got my wife to do the straps on the waterbox

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information