Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

XLT performance upgrade by Jim's Performance

I've been around this forum for a while, mostly as reader. I've been able to pick up some importante infos on how to make my XLT faster.

Recently i contacted Jim at Jim's Performance. He has been very helpfull, and i decided to have him ship a few parts of his choice here to Portugal (Europe), to make my XLT faster... Hopefully, it should be able to go along with a RXT, i guess (if it doesn't, it wont be very far )

So, we are going with this:

Concord 13/19 impeller
    cylinder heads
    cylinder head girdle kit
    intake grate
    Flame arrestors and adapters
    primer kit
    Adjusting T handle kit
    1.5 needle and seat kit
    95 grams spring kit
    110 pilot jets kit
    120 main jets kit
    Jim's famous FF modded plate

I'll be posting here the XLT evolution, speeds and impressions. I'll try to document the assembly with photos.

African-American
    +1
    Sweet !!

Good luck witht he build

You'll notice the difference with that setup....boa sorte!

+1
    You may want to go with a tad bigger jet in the rear, like a 125. As for the head, why not just get Jim to mill your stock head for $85 (I think thats what he charges, somewhere in that vecinity)? If you are going to send him your ride plate send him the head as well to get it done. Save you a few hundred in buying an aftermarket. I am sure he'll set you up with his water routing as well.
    SHOOTER

What kinda mods can I do to get my 2001 XLT1200 in the 65-67mph zone without porting? This is what I have so far.
    Stinger 1 pipe,Advent ignition,R&D Filters, Jims ride plate,13/19R Skat-Trac.I'm also sending a stock head to Jim to mill to 150psi. I haven't put the plate or prop on yet because I want to see how much it will or will not gane 1 step at a time. I know the plate will make a big differance.

oh yea, my cousin put some kind of bypass where the water tank and resonator was.Shuld I put it back?
    Last edited by cmherrera; 01-29-2008 at 06:37 AM.

if that bypass is a jetworks pro valve, leave it on mate

just remember no water flow under 3500 rpm so no idling round

if you mean the exhaust bypass / free flow exhaust mod, leave that too, better low end

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cmherrera View Post
    What kinda mods can I do to get my 2001 XLT1200 in the 65-67mph zone without porting? This is what I have so far.
    Stinger 1 pipe,Advent ignition,R&D Filters, Jims ride plate,13/19R Skat-Trac.I'm also sending a stock head to Jim to mill to 150psi. I haven't put the plate or prop on yet because I want to see how much it will or will not gane 1 step at a time. I know the plate will make a big differance.
    Hello cmherrera, The stinger 1 pipe is for bottom and mid it's costing you top end. The stock pipe is faster with a R&D d plate, The skat pump is for bottom end, free flow bottom end lose on top, The ride plate depending if you have it for all out speed or handling 4 to 5 mph. over stock plate, Heads, carb. jetting, remove chock plates and install primer and flame arrestors. 2 plus mph. gain, advent is a gain all around, VF3 reeds average of 100 rpm's gain, 05 pump with dynafly and 85mm 5 degree GPR nozzle couple mph. gain. It all depends on how much you want to spend and how fast you want to go.

Before i installed 1300 cylinders on my wifes 99 XLL with the 1200 motor no porting and stock carbs. It was 70 plus mph. ski
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 01-29-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks for the tips Jim. any suggestions on what jetting I should try?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cmherrera View Post
    Thanks for the tips Jim. any suggestions on what jetting I should try?
    for sea level, 1.5 needle and seat, 95 gram springs, 110 pilots 120 mains, if you have VF3 reeds 125 mains, remove choke plates install primer kit, install flame arrestors and adapters, remove caps and install t handles, starting adjustment 1 turn on lows and 1 1/2 on highs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information