Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

uh, is this right? HallPass Jetworks Installation

i am trying to install the jetworks mod.. was reading the sticky, and saw that i have some things that you guys dont have on your pipes... like my sensor is at like the middle of my pipe.. and i have some things that stick up around the hole i am supposed to tap.. anyway here are some pictures.. tell me what you think, this kind of confuses me on what to do now..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust 001.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	54816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust 002.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	54817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust 003.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	54818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust 004.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	54819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust 005.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	54820  

+1

+1
    This ones a lot of fun the first time you do it. The 2 "fin" looking things that stick up on the stinger side of the pipe need to be broken off... grab em with vice grips... They should snap off fairly easy. Grind what's left smooth. Then you have to re tap the place your water temp sensor with an "NPT" tap. Home depot should have them... Make sure its an NPT tap. Kale take your time with this one and search the forums for this mod... Read EVERY THREAD YOU CAN FIND.. The drilling and tapping involved in this needs to be clean and somewhat precise. Good luck...

+1
    I have tapped holes before.. (not an oxymoron)

but from the threads.. for example on the sticky where Rich (wfo) posted showing that the water sensor was next to the top fitting. Why am I moving my water sensor from the middle of my pipe over there?

For all you guys who installed the jetworks mod, was your sensor toward the middle of the pipe?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    I have tapped holes before.. (not an oxymoron)

but from the threads.. for example on the sticky where Rich (wfo) posted showing that the water sensor was next to the top fitting. Why am I moving my water sensor from the middle of my pipe over there?

For all you guys who installed the jetworks mod, was your sensor toward the middle of the pipe?
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...0&d=1178295636
    The sensor in the middle of the pipe is for the cat converter. You prob dont see allot of pics for it because we are using a sensor or resistor to bypass. You can take out the sensor in the middle and replace with a automitive oil plug (do a board search for which one). Other option is to cut the sensor @ the top.

I would cut the tabs @ the bottom rather than break them with vice grips but I am sure either method would work.

+1
    The water sensor is at the very most outlet of the pipe. on the piece that is removable. do not confuse this with the cat temp sensor located up in the larger section of your pipe.

The reason the temp sensor is moved forward from the rear most outlet to the main stinger is when you install the block off gasket only cool fresh water from the pump via the jetworks valve passes into the waterbox. The temp sensor is then still able to read the hotter water that is being routed over board from your motor.

+1
    well, I have a bypass chip installed.. cause I have a d-plate. The motor wouldnt run without the chip when I had the turbo tube on, so I installed it.. can I take that wire out?

so, should my temp sensor be connected to the pipe? Because there is only that one cord connected at the middle of my pipe..
    Last edited by HallPass; 01-27-2008 at 01:25 PM.

+1
    well, I have a bypass chip installed.. cause I have a d-plate. The motor wouldnt run without the chip when I had the turbo tube on, so I installed it.. can I take that wire out?

so, should my temp sensor be connected to the pipe? Because there is only that one cord connected at the middle of my pipe..
    If you have the chip then what the heck is your cat sensor in the middle of the pipe connected to ?

+1

Like I said don't confuse the "cat temp sensor" and the "water temp sensor" The cat temp sensor can be removed as long as you have the chip installed. it can be plugged or cut off your choice. My point is, it should not be talked about in this install. it has nothing to do with the jetworks. The water temp sensor fits between the two "wings" that were discussed earlier in the thread and seems to be missing from your pictures.

+1
    ha.. i installed it, then never had my OEM installed back in it.. so it never got taken out...

and where is my water sensor at?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information