cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1

correlation b/w stock prop rpm's and DF rpm?

Is there a correleation? meaning if I run xxxx rpm's on a stock 05 prop, i would need a xx/xx dynafly? Is that a better way to get a new DF dialed in faster, or is it better to just throw on the DF and go from there?

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Is there a correleation? meaning if I run xxxx rpm's on a stock 05 prop, i would need a xx/xx dynafly? Is that a better way to get a new DF dialed in faster, or is it better to just throw on the DF and go from there?

thanks
    There are to many variables to predict. Your stocker impeller may have a bent blade, wear ring is worn out... do you have your pump sealed? On the other hand the out of the box dynafly is not trued and its rpms cannot be completely predicted. All of these veriables would influence your decisions.

On the other hand, it is known that on a stock 1300, it is very difficult for the engine to turn a trued 14/20 dynafly at the proper rpms. You are more than likely going to need rpms from some other source.

Figure out how much money you are willing to part with in order to gain more rpms with aftermarket bolt ons such as VFIII's and increased compression. Once you have figured this out, then give this info to a reputable dealer that handles impellers such as Carl at LI racing or Impros. They will then determine what pitch the impeller should be bent to keep your rpms at a safe operating range. When the pros get involved in the decision making process, your safety factor and results go way up.

+1

Wink

Salty you have posted very good infromation for people to follow when changing props, Tommy Jordan

Thread Information