+1

GTX riva thru hull install

Last night I finished up installing riva thru hull on my gtx. I removed my riva thru hull and gutted water box from my RXP. The gutted box and thru hull was a little loud on my rxp and i was worried it would be too loud on the gtx. Man was I wrong, the thrul hull and gutted box sounds perfect on my gtx. It sounds so much better then the free flow exhaust that was previously on my gtx, atleast on the trailer so far.

now all i need is the GH shorty box and 15/20 prop. Both have been purchased just waiting.
    Come on parts!!!!!!!!

Man today is a beutiful day, I need to have been riding but that is how it goes.

Last edited by skoepp; 01-27-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Last night I finished up installing riva thru hull on my gtx. I removed my riva thru hull and gutted water box from my RXP. The gutted box and thru hull was a little loud on my rxp and i was worried it would be too loud on the gtx. Man was I wrong, the thrul hull and gutted box sounds perfect on my gtx. It sounds so much better then the free flow exhaust that was previously on my gtx, atleast on the trailer so far.

now all i need is the GH shorty box and 15/20 prop. Both have been purchased just waiting.
    Come on parts!!!!!!!!

Man today is a beutiful day, I need to have been riding but that is how it goes.

Sounds like an easy job!! Good work!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Sounds like an easy job!! Good work!
    It was not too bad with the help of reccomendations in this forum. Without the info here I would still be swearing and scratching my head.
    For anyone trying to put a thru hull on a GTX or RXT you must use Pale Riders instructions to install the exhaust tip and then you must use the stock opas opening on the left hand side to tighten up clamps and your life will be much better.

cool! did you do anything to the SC in the GTX? How is it running turning that 13\20R prop?...looking at your RPM`s, your right there/near the limiter...PR...

+1
    I have not had a chance to test it since the thru hull install.
    My intentions are to upgrade the SC to o6 and green but that is about a 800 dollar upgrade done by Jerry. So now I am waiting a while.
    The only other mods are I removed the plastic stock air extentions in the front and back. I guess if my rpm's go up some more I will have to put some back in the prop. What is the perfect rpm for my 185hp?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    ... What is the perfect rpm for my 185hp?
    7600... flashes of 7650

Thread Information