Chine Walker

1300 exhuast removal (besy way)

I'm trying to figure out which way is the easiest to remove the "U" section of the exhuast. The stinger portion is out, but now I'm not sure if I can remove the section that attaches to the header/manifold (4 bolt) and ends at the stinger junction. I see the PV servo motor under the clove box needs to come out, and two head bolts have to be pulled. I'd like to take this part out in one section.
    Can this be done??
    Any help will greatly appreciated.

jp

+1
    Yes. Don't even need to take the servo motor down. Once the U pipe is loose, bring the top part (part that attaches to the exhaust manifold) over the head, while dropping the backside down a little, then pull it out over the head. Just move the cables out of the way. Should just swing out. Make sure you take the little hose on the bottom in the middle loose and the one behind the pipe as well by the part that attaches to the stinger. May have to jiggle a little to get it around the servo motor, but it will come out with the servo motor in. I just took two out and put two back in that way, never touched the servo motor.
    SHOOTER

Chine Walker
    Thanks Shooter, just what I wanted to hear!! I'm trying to get the airbox (front & side) out. With this part out I can check a few things that are impossible with it in the way.

jp

+1
    also, make sure when you pull that U pipe out, the washer and insert where the 2 - 14 mm bolts go into (midsection of the pipe), put your hand under the right one when looking into the hull. It comes off along with the washer. You have to remove the washer and insert, if not, both will end up at the bottom of the hull and you'll be fishing.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Shooter is homo, don't listen to him haha, jk shoot

Honestly though, it is ALOT easier to take the U pipe out if you remove the PV motor. Instead of having to twist it at all different angles, you can just pull it right out if you move the PV motor. It is just a couple bolts holding the bracket on, and just set it to the side.

+1

U-pipe boomerang

When installing the U-pipe, it goes on easy. It can look intimidating, but with it laying flat, picture it as a boomerang. sitting on the seat, looking down on the U-pipe, it will spin counterclockwise in place to the mouth of the exhaust manifold. Even if the PV bracket is in place, thats fine. It will spin around it. It falls right in place everytime for me. Also don't forget to hook up the water lines to the U-pipe.

hope I explained that o.k..... ......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Also don't forget to hook up the water lines to the U-pipe.
    +1...For me this was the toughest reach all of last year (one down by the manifold especially).

Chine Walker
    Thanks to all of you for the input, I think I have a good idea of how this thing is coming out. Getting to the small diameter hose seems tricky..
    Last thing; when you remove the 2 head bolts for the bracket, do you need to loosen all the bolts so not to upset the tightening sequence??

jp

Ps. Billie: the boomerang image made it very clear!! Thanks..

+1
    to do the one by the manifold, once you get the u pipe in there, let it lean towards the gas tank and put the hose on, then clamp it down, then put the upipe on and bolt away. The hose from the front is easy to put on. Its not that tough JP, just get in there and start to pull and tug, hahaha.

SHOOTER

Chine Walker
    Shooter: "pull and tug"; sounds like my last date...

jp

Thread Information