Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Coralville, Iowa Jet-Fest 2008

Coralville Lake Jet-Fest 08

Well seems enough people are interested in it so I am going to do it. I am organizing a get together at Coralvile Lake (aka Damed up Iowa River) on the weekend of July 19th and 20nd as a 2 day event. I will be getting to the campground Friday night the 18th around 6pm. The campground I have choosen is Sugar Bottom Campground. Its very nice, it's a federal campground so has nice showers, electricity camper spots, and most importantly parking, and dock right next to where we are staying and sandy place to pull our skis onto right where we camp.

Campground
    Sugar Bottoms Campground spots can be resesrved online at http://www.recreation.gov/camping/ma...O&parkId=73425

The best tent spots are 95-104. I am in 101 both nights. You can have 2 tents per spot but no more and they will check so don't try to fool them.

Directions are very easy.

From the West get on I-80 east, take that till you get to 380, take 380 North for about 6 miles or so, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the East take I-80 West, take 380 North for about 6 miles or so, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the south, Take 218 North which will turn into 380 north, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the North take 380 south, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a left towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

Below are some pictures of the area. First one is a map with directions from all directions, second is a map of the campground, third is a satalite view of the campground, and the 4th is map of the waterway and no wake zones.

Feel free to pm me with any questions or if you have any input I am open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parklayout.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	55097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sataliteview.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	55098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterway.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	55099  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lehrjet; 02-27-2008 at 09:04 AM.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    I'm booked for Spot #098,Book early as they do fill up. Let me know how I can help you out,maybe we can see about finding a Radar Gun to borrow for Sat and Sun. Morning. Also I'm thinking maybe Cooking a big POT Chili for Saturday night,But I don't have a Turkey Fryer out here. Can anyone bring one?This is a real nice campground for the family, they have a play area with swings and playscape for the kids and the beach and launch is a short distance from the tent area. Dan
    Last edited by Keddano; 01-28-2008 at 03:56 PM.

+1
    If I can get off of work I will try to make it out....I might be only able to come for a day. Keddano, I've gotta turkey fryer, If I come, I will bring it....right now it's about a 90% chance that I will be able to come.

Awesome there is a good chance 2-4 of us from dubuque will come down for that!!! Will let you know when we decide if we are going to mudbug first!

+1
    Trying to line up a couple friends (2-3) from Minneapolis/Rochester area for the weekend. If I can get at least one other person to go, then I'll be there!

I'll definately be there, dunno if I'll stay overnight since I'm right in North Liberty, definately will be there when I get off work Sat/Sun. Prolly will put the ski in Friday after work and go ridin for a while as well!

I will try to make it up there this year.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    I'll be out there early afternoon Friday.Last year we left the skis in the water the whole weekend.There's a sandy area below our campsites, what works good is a dog tie-out that can be screwed into the beach,so a wake won't wash out the ski.

+1
    So far so good for Mrs.Snoman and myself.

Hey LEHRJET-still got the twin-turbo WS6?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information