Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Coralville IA Jet Fest '08

Quote Originally Posted by Lehrjet View Post
    Coralville Lake Jet-Fest 08

Well seems enough people are interested in it so I am going to do it. I am organizing a get together at Coralvile Lake (aka Damed up Iowa River) on the weekend of July 19th and 20nd as a 2 day event. I will be getting to the campground Friday night the 18th around 6pm. The campground I have choosen is Sugar Bottom Campground. Its very nice, it's a federal campground so has nice showers, electricity camper spots, and most importantly parking, and dock right next to where we are staying and sandy place to pull our skis onto right where we camp.

Campground
    Sugar Bottoms Campground spots can be resesrved online at http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Su...O&parkId=73425

The best tent spots are 95-104. I am in 101 both nights. You can have 2 tents per spot but no more and they will check so don't try to fool them.

Directions are very easy.

From the West get on I-80 east, take that till you get to 380, take 380 North for about 6 miles or so, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the East take I-80 West, take 380 North for about 6 miles or so, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the south, Take 218 North which will turn into 380 north, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the North take 380 south, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a left towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

Below are some pictures of the area. First one is a map with directions from all directions, second is a map of the campground, third is a satalite view of the campground, and the 4th is map of the waterway and no wake zones.

Feel free to pm me with any questions or if you have any input I am open.
    It's on guys,dates are set.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47961

I'll be there Danno!! Dunno if I'll be campin or not since my place is only 10 mins from the campground, but I'll no doubtedly be there! Gotta work til 2 both days and will be there by 2:30ish in the water! Sounds like a good time! I believe I might be the only MSX 150 there! Anybody else around the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area have MSX's at all?

+1
    I'll have room for another tent on my site if you decide too stay.That way you can party and enjoy the evening with the rest of us.

+1
    dano, I might make it, dont know if I'll be able to get of work...are ya gunna be able to make it up to wisconsin sometime in august?

+1
    I'm planning on hitting it all. The Pull'in tractor will be tak'in a long break this year,Time to play. MUDBUG,DANNYPALOZZA,GorillaFest,Jet Fest,and anything else I can Hit. Anyone that wants to come late,we can double up tent camp sites.

wetter is better
    wow thats only about 6 hours from my place. i want to coem join all u guys. ill have to see what my vacation is around that time.

+1
    As of now, it looks like I'll be able to come...possibly only for the day though...not yet sure about stayin a second day

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    I'm planning on hitting it all. The Pull'in tractor will be tak'in a long break this year,Time to play. MUDBUG,DANNYPALOZZA,GorillaFest,Jet Fest,and anything else I can Hit. Anyone that wants to come late,we can double up tent camp sites.
    Dan you forgot the Mark Hahn 300 this coming Sat-here some GH Polaris guys will be running and pitting

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate33 View Post
    Dan you forgot the Mark Hahn 300 this coming Sat-here some GH Polaris guys will be running and pitting
    I was thinking farther ahead, when it's above freezing back home.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post

gorillafest....NICE!! never thought of that one

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information