Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Salt Water DOO'n

Salt water riding...

Because of the new closed-loop engines, if should be fine to ride in salt water correct? At the end of the ride you would need to flush out the exhaust, rinse the bilge area, and lube metallic engine parts...

tell me if this is correct, my brother is planning to drive us up to a beach or something and go out in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    Salt water riding...

Because of the new closed-loop engines, if should be fine to ride in salt water correct? At the end of the ride you would need to flush out the exhaust, rinse the bilge area, and lube metallic engine parts...

tell me if this is correct, my brother is planning to drive us up to a beach or something and go out in the ocean.
    YES YES YES

Yes,thats correct i take mine to the salt all the time and after riding i flush it out & lube, never had a problem

all right just checking... i was 99.9% sure but my friend kept telling me it is bad for the ski and you shouldn't go riding in salt water and i didn't want to say he was wrong because maybe that .1% was the part of me that was wrong but now i know... thanx

well maybe whenever my bro and i get a chance to go, ill take some pictures...possibly a video too

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    all right just checking... i was 99.9% sure but my friend kept telling me it is bad for the ski and you shouldn't go riding in salt water and i didn't want to say he was wrong because maybe that .1% was the part of me that was wrong but now i know... thanx

well maybe whenever my bro and i get a chance to go, ill take some pictures...possibly a video too

Make sure you ride with a partner--the ocean is a very un-forgiving place.

that will be hard but ill try.... we only have one ski and since it is a 2-seater that will be hard and uncomfortable, but ill figure something out

if you doo fall off or get stranded .........swim without splashing alot as splashing draws attention to predators (sharks) and watch out for jellyfish,,,,,other than that the ocean is alot of fun......oh and stay close to land....................I've been stranded in the past about a mile or so off shore and it gets real lonely and scary after a couple of minutes
    Last edited by cosmic; 01-28-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: share a story

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
    if you doo fall off or get stranded .........swim without splashing alot as splashing draws attention to predators (sharks) and watch out for jellyfish,,,,,other than that the ocean is alot of fun......oh and stay close to land....................I've been stranded in the past about a mile or so off shore and it gets real lonely and scary after a couple of minutes
    DAM
    Sucked to be you at that point in time

luckily I managed to get signal on my cell phone and after 1.5 hours I was found I almost started to freak out.........I was seeing shadows in the water...........I was on my RX and Ispun the splines off my driveshaft somehow........it ran just wouldn't go anywhere

+1
    I had a situacion similar to cosmics. A bad judgement on my part I went from Atlantic city to Margate by myself through the ocean beating the piss out out myself and the ski. I just pulled into Margate inlet when the ski finally broke all three motor mount bolts. It also ripped the right rear side mount fiberglass out. The ski then proceeded to sink up to the handle bars. Anyway I can only imagine what would have happened had the bolts broke somewhere in the ocean.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information