Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Just a matter of opinion.

Okay, i think I've narrowed it down to two skis that i'm intersted in. The 04' Seadoo GTX SC, and an 04 Polaris msx150. The Polaris is about $1300. less, but what scares me is if i'll have anywhere to service it since they dont make polaris pwc's anymore. What are you guy's insights about polaris, or should i not even condsider it, and get the seadoo..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1229 View Post
    Okay, i think I've narrowed it down to two skis that i'm intersted in. The 04' Seadoo GTX SC, and an 04 Polaris msx150. The Polaris is about $1300. less, but what scares me is if i'll have anywhere to service it since they dont make polaris pwc's anymore. What are you guy's insights about polaris, or should i not even condsider it, and get the seadoo..
    Get the seadoo...total support everywhere...

+1 Seadoo ...........I love the way the Polaris MSX looks but finding parts and service is only going to get worse as time goes on

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
    +1 Seadoo ...........I love the way the Polaris MSX looks but finding parts and service is only going to get worse as time goes on
    Thats exactly what i was thinking. thanx

Get the Sea Doo. They run better than the Polaris. I have a friend that's a Polaris mechanic and he kept telling me how good those turbo ski's ran. They run like crap compared to the Sea Doo. Look under the seat of the Polaris once too. That should scare you away!!!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Different, but not orgial thought, buy the Polaris, and put a Sea Doo motor in it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1229 View Post
    Okay, i think I've narrowed it down to two skis that I'm interested in. The 04' Seadoo GTX SC, and an 04 Polaris msx150. The Polaris is about $1300. less...
    You might want to post this question on the Polaris forum.

Most MSX150 owners seem to like their choice. The same Weber 4-stroke engine is still used in some Polaris products, so parts should not be a problem for a while.

Do you want to ride something a little different, and don't mind doing the maintenance work yourself?

I work at a dealer that used to carry polaris...when you have an issue with them they are tough to get parts for and not alot of dealers will work on them. Buy the Seadoo, not as many issues and alot of support out there. Plus the MSX does have closed loop cooling but its not for the entire engine like the seadoo is so the seadoo will do better if you plan to ride in salt water.

+1
    I would go with the Seadoo. I had a MSX110 and loved it. But like you said they no longer make this ski. Weber made the motor, but you need a digital wrench to read any codes. Of course only the dealers are allowed to buy them, not to mention they are about 1200 bucks. Parts are not that hard to find, just pricey. You will find a lot of guys that can help you if you have an problems here. I loved my Polaris and had planned to convert it into a 150. Really when it comes down to it you will have a hard time finding anyone that wants to work on this ski. I am talk about anything other than an oil change. It only makes sense to buy the Seadoo. Which will save you time and money. Long live the Polaris, hopefully they will make a come back. BUY THE SEADOO

+1
    I would go with the boobs in the red and white oh I am sorry I meant the sea doo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information