Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuel Sample Test

Hello everyone... is there anyplace i can send a sample of the fuel in my ski to be tested for "impurities" or intentional bad additives? I have reason to believe someone may have put a foreign substance into my fuel. I would like to test and see, if so it may help me in the right direction in trouble shooting a few problems with the ski.

Thanks.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Siphon out all the old gas and use some fresh fuel. If the problem is gone, someone spiked your punch.

Yeah.. i had that plan but i just would be nice to know......

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    I know they do it with Diesel oil,but with gas it would be impossible to send for testing,none of the carriers would touch it.

+1
    There are tons of places that test fuel, mostly for the petroleum transport industry, like I work in. Look in your metro area phone book; off the top of my head, Inchcape, Caleb Brett and Intertek are the big ones I deal with.

You're right, you can't ship the gas, though. You'd have to hand deliver the sample. And I'd guess you'd have to give them some idea of what you think is in the fuel, for them to know in what direction to look.

What do you think somebody put in there? Maybe we could come up with our own tests? Chemistry used to be a hobby of mine! Of course, that was 30 years ago....

+1
    Most common would probably be sugar and then those great little shipping peanuts. Both turn to marshmellow type goo when melted in gas.
    Somebody told me the sugar turns to crystals but I don't know.
    The peanuts definately turn to goo while melting and then turn into a pretty hard goo when it cools at the end of an injector tip with the engine off, great for plugging injectors.

+1
    I worked on a truck with a pile of sugar cubes in the gas tank,it was never started so don't know what could have happened.The cubes in the tank were in perfect shape,did not appear to desolve at all.I left the cubes in a bottle of gas for 2-3 weeks,they didn't appear to desolve.I'm not a chemestry expert so I don't know how sugar will react in all situations.

i remember myth busters a few years ago , bleach and sugar arnt good .

im glad my truck has a gas theft devices which would stop people from siphoning it out ,

but if they used bleach on me id be screwed ,

do your own testing , get a beer can poor about a teaspoon in there swish it around lay it on it's side , take a lighter and light it , if you didnt make somewhat of a rocket the gas isnt no good ,

another thing if gas isnt treated in a months time it will begin the process of turning to water ,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97sltx1050 View Post
    i remember myth busters a few years ago , bleach and sugar arnt good .

im glad my truck has a gas theft devices which would stop people from siphoning it out ,

but if they used bleach on me id be screwed ,

do your own testing , get a beer can poor about a teaspoon in there swish it around lay it on it's side , take a lighter and light it , if you didnt make somewhat of a rocket the gas isnt no good ,

another thing if gas isnt treated in a months time it will begin the process of turning to water ,
    Once the gas starts turning to water you can kiss your carbs good bye. Learned this the hard way becuase i didnt put enough stabil in my tank.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Actually,as it evaporates it will as they call (turn to varnish). The volatile vapors evaporates.Leaving the heavy solids behind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information