Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ebay countdown

ebay countdown

I just downloaded e bay countdown with a short cut to my desk top.

Seems to be pretty cool way to watch your bids in real time and an easy way to get in the game late if your watching an item in your e bay

were is it? I usually borrow my kids laptops that run vista with a cool second hand then bid with mine

and I'm fast!
    END time Jan-22-08 11:04:18 PST
    zimerclan, you're the winner!

Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown. Automatic bids may be placed days or hours before a listing ends. Learn more about bidding. Show automatic bids
    BidderBid AmountBid Timezimerclan( 318) US $67.66Jan-22-08 11:04:16 PST

Man I was cutting and pasting and WHAM its already there

thats a copy of my win! to show of the 2 sec win. were is the countdown timer? you confusing me

you bidding on anything

Hope this attachment works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bay.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	55183  

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    and I'm fast!
    END time Jan-22-08 11:04:18 PST
    zimerclan, you're the winner!

Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown. Automatic bids may be placed days or hours before a listing ends. Learn more about bidding. Show automatic bids
    BidderBid AmountBid Timezimerclan( 318) US $67.66Jan-22-08 11:04:16 PST
    Daaaammmnnn!!

That is about the time my ISP would decide to take a crap.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow eBay snipe bidding - automated bidding services

I guess I don't get it.

Why would folks be trying to manually time your bid submissions, when a bid snipe service (a free one at that) can do it all accurately, automatically, and you don't have to be anywhere near the computer when the auction ends?

Snipe services have effectively changed eBay into a sealed bid auction environment, where you submit your absolute max bid amount early, to the online snipe system. Just before the auction ends, ALL the snipe bids are submitted from all the snipe services. eBay sorts them out, figures out whose snipe bid was highest (if any), then posts the winner.

Just like regular eBay bidding, when you win you only pay slightly more than the next highest max bid, so you will only pay your maximum if the next highest guy was bidding just below your max.

If you assume that at least one other person is going to be using computer assisted sniping, then you will have no idea what their max bid amount is until it is all over, since their bid is only submitted in the last few seconds.

With the advent of snipe services, eBay is only a real time auction for those bidders that have not yet realized what these snipe services do.

I don't use eBay every week, but when I do, I always use the snipe service (thanks to Rocky_Road). I don't have to hang around the computer, and I don't even need to have my computer running when the auction ends (real handy for those auctions that end at weird times).

I figure out what is the most I am willing to pay, set it up on the snipe service, and leave it at that.

www.biddingscheduler.com

awwww, where's the fun gone? Next there'll be cruise control in my pwc.....

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I guess I don't get it.

Why would folks be trying to manually time your bid submissions, when a bid snipe service (a free one at that) can do it all accurately, automatically, and you don't have to be anywhere near the computer when the auction ends?

Snipe services have effectively changed eBay into a sealed bid auction environment, where you submit your absolute max bid amount early, to the online snipe system. Just before the auction ends, ALL the snipe bids are submitted from all the snipe services. eBay sorts them out, figures out whose snipe bid was highest (if any), then posts the winner.

Just like regular eBay bidding, when you win you only pay slightly more than the next highest max bid, so you will only pay your maximum if the next highest guy was bidding just below your max.

If you assume that at least one other person is going to be using computer assisted sniping, then you will have no idea what their max bid amount is until it is all over, since their bid is only submitted in the last few seconds.

With the advent of snipe services, eBay is only a real time auction for those bidders that have not yet realized what these snipe services do.

I don't use eBay every week, but when I do, I always use the snipe service (thanks to Rocky_Road). I don't have to hang around the computer, and I don't even need to have my computer running when the auction ends (real handy for those auctions that end at weird times).

I figure out what is the most I am willing to pay, set it up on the snipe service, and leave it at that.

www.biddingscheduler.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information