Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Getting a new toy soon!

Getting my motorcycle license here in the next week. I am going to buy myself the best bike out there, an absolutly amazing machine, and extremely beautiful bike...I am going to be extremely careful with this beast....as it will kill me in a heartbeat...I figure with me being so big I might as well get one that is comfortable and will have enough power later down the road so i dont get board with it in 2 years...I am going to be extremly responsable and no speeding or nay drag racing on the street....or no drag racing period!

Drum roll please...................

06 SUZUKI HAYABUSA!

Red/Black Color Combo

Here is a an example...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red_black_haya__107.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	3634  

Kawasaki ZX14

+1
    Buying a 190 mph widow maker for your 1st bike and you are in college. Could you put me on your will for the bike? Can you even spell countersteer yet? Please be careful and keep the rubber side down. I have a few friends with grass growing over Them now because They were not paying attention.

I'd stick to the water until you either have finished college and have a desk job or you make it to the pro's.

If you get busted up there goes your scholarship and football career. Wait until you have a contract with the pros then no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by skipSC
    Buying a 190 mph widow maker for your 1st bike
    yea a busa isnt the best choice for your 1st. . . even for a big guy a 600 will be enough to learn on, but if you have to go bigger look into a 750. . .

also why have a top-end bike like the busa and not race it. . . if you end up getting it I can bet you will be very very tempted to race

but either way good luck, the other drivers are more of a problem than you will be

Jay

why you have to buy a bike ebcause of its power? that is just a plus I love this bike because of its looks. It is just an eye catcher and a stunner...

A couple people on the team have them Kawis...Not nearly as good looking as the Busa IMO...

My course of action is:

Take Temps test.
    Go take the beginers learners course on one of there shitty bikes
    take my license test
    get my license
    go immediatly to an experienced riders course

I know all of that doesnt acount for years of experience but I feel I will be ahead of the pack with all of that when most just take the temps test, and go get their License.

Plus my dad has ridden motorcycles for over 30 years and he has told me over and over all of the things to watch for and some tips:

Like when coming to cross traffic when you ahve the right of way get off the throttle and make eye contact with the other driver.

I pick up stuff extrmely quick...hell I had never ridden a jetski before mine and the first time out after the 10 hours I had the throttle peged and was jumping wakes and spinning out...

I also feel my size and strength will also be helpfull when ridding. I think why these bikes are so dangerous is because they are heavy...but with my strength I will be able to control it better.

I also feel I am extremely responsable for my age...I have never raced my truck on the street. only at the track. First I dont want to get caught in a compramising postion
    and second I dont want to waste my gas on something so stupid...

And why I decded to get a busa was first the thing is beautiful, second yes it has power for when i get more advanced to play with ( a year or two) and 3rd because you can kill yourself just as easy on a 600 as you can on a 1300...its all about the guy on top if he is smart or not about it.

extremly nice bike i know i drive one about every other week.

comfortable,powerful,and will last for years.

and it is a beast of a bike to handle as a first bike and insurance will empty your pockets.

be carefull.

and even a 750cc bike can be dangerous depends on the driver and the drivers around you.

my advice is get an older model bike for 0000000000000$ and learn on that.
    but i know you can not outtalk somebody if they are decided

good luck

+1
    Your Dad has good advice, always cover the controls and assume the cage is going to pull out in front of you. And practice, practice, go to a parking lot and put cones out, learn to counter steer, proper braking. Make everything instinct so when it does hit the fan, you will be ready. Most important, don't let peer pressure make you do something stupid. Please take this advice from somebody that has owned a bike since He was 15yrs old and I'm almost 49 now. And yes I have hit the ground a few times, wear a helmet, gloves, and boots. It really hurts when they are picking asphalt out of your palms, you have a tendency of passing out. You sound like your a smart guy, show it when you get that bike. Good luck.

I am going to put it under my dad and he is going to put me down as a part time driver...Brings the insurance (quote) to around 1200 bucks for the year.

Yup I agree with you Dave even a 600c or 750cc bike can kill you it all depends on teh driver. I feeel I am responsable enough to get a busa and ride it with out being stupid and dangerous on it. Its all about how YOU drive..its not the bike that is dangerous it is the person on top of it...a 600cc can be more dangerous than a 1300cc...just depends on the person...

Hell a 600cc can get up to over 120 mph....So I dont see why that is such a good learner bike either...

But anyways I am decided, Love the bike for its looks. Power is a plus. and it fits me...hell when I hoped on the GSX600 it felt like the seat slipped into my ass crack and the pegs were so close that my knees where hitting my chin. LOL

Now the Busa, the seat is HUGE, and the pegs are farther back. I sat on it and it just felt like a dream!

Quote Originally Posted by skipSC
    Your Dad has good advice, always cover the controls and assume the cage is going to pull out in front of you. And practice, practice, go to a parking lot and put cones out, learn to counter steer, proper braking. Make everything instinct so when it does hit the fan, you will be ready. Most important, don't let peer pressure make you do something stupid. Please take this advice from somebody that has owned a bike since He was 15yrs old and I'm almost 49 now. And yes I have hit the ground a few times, wear a helmet, gloves, and boots. It really hurts when they are picking asphalt out of your palms, you have a tendency of passing out. You sound like your a smart guy, show it when you get that bike. Good luck.
    that is why i am taking all of the beginner and experienced classes...the beginner class consist of the first day of videos and spoeechs second day is on bike practice for 5 hours, 3rd day is on bike practice for 5 hours and a test out. The experinced is a day long for I think 6 or 7 hours and they go over breaking counter steering ect...

Basically I am going to act as if I am driving a bomb....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information