Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just a little scared....

Ok, so i'm 99.9% sure that i'm getting the 04' gtx sc. I actually talked the guy down from $6900 that he was originally asking, to $5500, including that awesome trailer ( he said it cost him $2000 ) and the GPS, that fits in that slot. So i think thats pretty good. The ski has 83 hours on it. So now i'm reading all this stuff about replacing washers and bearings, and rebuilding the sc, I'm not mechanically inclined at all, and i dont have alot of money to spend ( i'm actually putting in all i had saved up for a ski into it, thats why i had to really work the guy) So now im not sure how much all this is going to run me? How much more am i going to have to spend. So i'm a little scared of what other costs i'm going to have before i can even put it in the water. So what i'm facing now is if i should get the ski or not. Here's a couple pictures of the ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73761588212_0_BG.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	55293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67773588212_0_BG.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	55294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47773588212_0_BG.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	55295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96773588212_0_ALB.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	55296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87773588212_0_BG.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	55297  

Click on the online store under "links" in the left side column. The washers are there and bearings. You can send your supercharger of to Jerry if you don't want to install them yourself. I think he only charges like $50 to install the washers and you know they will be done right.

By the way, I have that same trailer and it's awesome.

GTX

If you keep the ski the way it comes with the exception of the washers (because the OEM washers are a threat to your motor), you don't have to be mechanically inclined to own that beast. Oil changes are relatively easy and do not need to be done very often. You can use the dealer (may charge 200 give or take a little every 100 hrs I think?). Plugs are easy to change and last a while as well. Coolant last around 100 hrs also. Keep it clean, flush with flush kit if you ride in salt and you are good to go.

I would buy the ski. There is enough support on this site that if you needed to pull the motor and rebuild the bottom end I am sure you could

Good luck

one more thing.

the washers are 109 bucks and jerry charges 50 to install. So for 159 plus tax you can ensure you ski will run fine....

I just sent mine to Jerry a few weeks ago and had it back at my door REAL fast. Jerry and everybody on this site are awesome to work with. It's like having a dealer as your buddy times 1000 members

+1
    that is a good buy at 5,500. I do not think you will find that good of buy especially the closer we get to spring. I would have to go back and read your old thread but if the ski is in good working order it should not take you much to get running.
    Super charger - If you remove it yourself and have Jerry do the work I believe that others have said 200 including shiping charges.
    If you need oil change probably another 50 with parts and purchaseing a siphon included.
    I would think that the plugs are good to 100 hours but thats just my opinion.
    I would spend as little as needed to get in good running order and then put some time and hours on it, and then you can decide if you want to spend anymore.

good luck!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1229 View Post
    Ok, so i'm 99.9% sure that i'm getting the 04' gtx sc. I actually talked the guy down from $6900 that he was originally asking, to $5500, including that awesome trailer ( he said it cost him $2000 ) and the GPS, that fits in that slot. So i think thats pretty good. The ski has 83 hours on it. So now i'm reading all this stuff about replacing washers and bearings, and rebuilding the sc, I'm not mechanically inclined at all, and i dont have alot of money to spend ( i'm actually putting in all i had saved up for a ski into it, thats why i had to really work the guy) So now im not sure how much all this is going to run me? How much more am i going to have to spend. So i'm a little scared of what other costs i'm going to have before i can even put it in the water. So what i'm facing now is if i should get the ski or not. Here's a couple pictures of the ski.
    I wouldn't worry Jeff, its a good ski at great price and having Jerry do a SC ovehual(washers, bearings, and possibly a 06-07 shaft) should be under $500 with shipping. And If anything breaks there are a ton of people here who will help walk you through it.

dont forget to make sure that it already hasnt has superchrger failure and that's a reason why the guy's sellin it. tell him to start the ski and then listen for the supercharger whine. otherwise that'll cost you big time if it blew

Looks awsome, that is a great buy the trailer is nice!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    that's a great price on that package!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information