genesis 2001 or msx 150 2004

only been jetski about a year and got the genesis but just sold my genesis with my house wife said to buy another one so what do you guys recomend ? loved the genesis as most on calm water last twice water was a bit choppy and the jetski was a bit hard to handle tnx for any advice ..... Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00006.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	221.5 KB 
ID:	55341  

+1
    Derek,

I've found if I'm going into any big ugly water I take my MSX. If it's flat glassy water I would run the Geni.
    The MSX is much more ergonomically comfortable BUT it does have a list up to about 20 MPH.
    The fuel economy out of the 150 is better than that of the Genisis.
    I don't remember which is faster nor quicker since all my stuff is trippple piped BUT I think the MSX will plain faster than the genisis in stock form.
    One of the biggest factors for me would be service availability for the MSX150 as they require a little more finesse than a two stroke.
    Then there's the looks of the crafts...hands down winner to me is the MSX.
    Others will chime in here as well, Good Luck with your decision and let us know what you chose.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 01-30-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Derek,

I've found if I'm going into any big ugly water I take my MSX. If it's flat glassy water I would run the Geni. I use the nerang river inland but ski out to the brakewaters/ociean
    The MSX is much more ergonomically comfortable BUT it does have a list up to about 20 MPH.
    The fuel economy out of the 150 is better than that of the Genisis.
    I don't remember which is faster nor quicker since all my stuff is trippple piped BUT I think the MSX will plain faster than the genisis in stock form.
    One of the biggest factors for me would be service availability for the MSX150 as they require a little more finesse than a two stroke.Here on the Gold Coast there tons of ski shops lol
    Then there's the looks of the crafts...hands down winner to me is the MSX.
    Others will chime in here as well, Good Luck with your decision and let us know what you chose.
    .................................................. .................................
    so ph2 would your advice be go for the msx140 2004 as I have the chance to buy either .... 2/4 stroke ????? thanks for all avice.......... Derek

+1

Cool

if found buy 140

later cd

+1
    04 MSX140 is by far the best Polaris PWC manufactured as far as I'm concerned.
    Killer fuel economy.
    Extremely reliable.
    60-62 MPH all day long.
    Easy to repair and maintain.
    I can't say enough about the 04 MSX140...unless of course you turn it into a Matrix, then I'll talk and type all night long.

ok msx 140 it is I have a chouice of two which do you guys recommend .... (1)
    MSX 140 Polaris Jetski POLARIS MSX 140 2004 MODEL, Immaculate condition, always garaged, 118 hours, both jetski and trailer flushed and washed after every use, includes cover and worx intake scoop grate. Serviced every 25 hours by a qualified Polaris mechanic., EC $8,900.00 Negotiable

(2)
    POLARIS MSX 140 2004 model, 3seater, always garaged, 160hours, both Jetski & Trailer flushed/washed after every use, serviced every 25hours by a qualified Polaris mechanic, full engine rebuild 20hours ago, still under manufacturers warranty, IMMACULATE CONDITION $8,200

I was thinking of number two as had the rebuild both still under warranty till 08-2008 tnx again for all your help in this guys ...... Derek ...... PS how do you change it into a matrix ? tnx agn D

here was the reason for rebuild ...... Motor was rebuilt after in-line oil fault and was replaced under manufacturers new warranty
    Last edited by emailderek1; 01-31-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: update

Which one???

Well, both of course!!

JK

I would lean toward the one that has been rebuilt as long as I could verify the quality of the rebuild.

I think it would also be nice to know what was the reason/cause for the rebuild.

Most of these skis ran out of the maufacture warranty, And have an extended warranty contract threw another provider. Check who is the warranty company. Second If it was an aftermarket warranty the like to use SBT for engines. And it is not the Factory engine any more. Check on whose warranty is it SBT engine warranty? You might want to go with the first one. But then there is alway EBAY and I'm sure Al has connections to some clean used machines. Might even see if anyone here knows of a buddy jumping ship and selling his unit.

Thread Information