Green SC impeller removal

Anyone have any idea as to how to remove a SC wheel. My OEM came off simply when I installed the Green wheel. Now I am trying to remove the green wheel but for the life of me I cannot get it off. I did not try but see no way to pry it off without causing damage. It should just simply slide off with minimal force.
    Last edited by North49; 01-30-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Take a towel lock the gear in a vice. Get a pair work glove on and work the SC back and foward. Keep working it and it will come off. Some may take a little more to take off but it will work it's way off. I had the same problem but it will come off, just take a little more force. The gloves will keep your hands from getting beatup by the blades.

+1
    All the aftermarket impellers fit very tight on the shaft to keep them from spinning/slipping at high RPM's.

Try what Jrrxp said. I normally just press the shaft out of the SC to get the impeller off. Remember, if you do it this way you must replace the bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrsrxp View Post
    Take a towel lock the gear in a vice. Get a pair work glove on and work the SC back and foward. Keep working it and it will come off. Some may take a little more to take off but it will work it's way off. I had the same problem but it will come off, just take a little more force. The gloves will keep your hands from getting beatup by the blades.
    Make sure you are turning it as you do this....that's the key

Like Jerry said push the supercharger shaft out with a press, it's the best way to do this without damaging the impeller or the SC, if it is too way inside the shaft, but you must change the bearings.

I had previously tried the glove theory but should have used thicker gloves. The 1 inch gash in my thumb would agree
    I'll have someone hold the gear with a towel as you guys have suggested. I don't have access to a press and really do not want to install new bearings.

Thread Information