View Poll Results: how fast is fast enogh for you?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll

1 0.68%

7 4.79%

23 15.75%

75 51.37%

19 13.01%
  • 100+

21 14.38%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

How fast is fast enough?

well how fast is fast enough for you? i see all these people getting hurt at 90+ mph and i just dont understand why you would want to go that fast when falling off causes the kind of injuries it does and at 100+ falling off could mean death.

for me 60-65 is my target and thats why i went with the 800.

im just curious why theres this drive to go over 100.

I will be happy with 75 and very reliable.

+1
    I have been over 80 a few times on TheDome's GPR and I am also knocking on the 80mph door on my ski. To me 80 is an awesome feeling. I don't want to go any faster. There is nothing relaxing or calming about it. It is a pure adrenaline rush that requires your full attention at all times.

On the other hand, I am not going to be the speed police and wonder or question why others want to go faster. Speed is addicting, but it is obvious we are reaching the limit and safety is becoming very compromised.

+1
    I am more than happy with around 77 mph and then focusing on ass wrenching acceleration. 100 mph?? If if was safe and the ski was built for that speed, sure, otherwise not a chance, once to say I have done it, but thats it.

I've been around 83 on a GPR before, it was fun, but riding that fast in a straight line in smooth water just ain't my thing. I despise riding in smooth water.
    Last edited by MPower; 01-30-2008 at 03:20 PM.

+1
    I am happy with any speed that i know the ski will hold up! If i could do 100+ and know the ski is safe I would be Ok with that! Until then im staying at 75

I voted 80, not too fast but still DAMN fast for a PWC on water, ive never been over 62ish on a ski but I think it would be awsome to hit 75-80 ish, thats my goal. To me I would like to spend more money on the sound at looks of my ski (when I get one).

+1
    Considering this weeks events I think that many folks will be asking themselves the same question.
    I love to go fast on my PWC but am not willing to die for it.

+1
    im curious what will happen when people (authorities, legislators,ect. ) start seeing accidents at these speeds and what happens to people in the accidents and or if they become more common. how will it effect all pwc riders and the sport as a whole?
    Last edited by stingray152003; 01-30-2008 at 04:03 PM.

i almost voted 70 but after going 70 i thought i would like to go a tad faster so i voted 80... like someone else mentioned, i would like to go 100+ once just to see how fun it was and to say i did it but im not willing to kill myself for it... much under 55 seems slow for me if a want a rush but im fine going 35 over huge waves.... i actually get a way bigger rush going off the waves off the bigger boats than going fast...

cosmic has probably seen this boat on our lake... it is like a yacht which is uncommon for our lake and my friend was driving and went 60-ish off it

when we landed we were just dumfounded at first but then the rush came and we did it again but a tad slower. the first time when we landed he was so scared his whole body was shaking and after we connected back to the water he let go of the bars and his hands were moving faster than anything i had ever seen...

cant wait to see that boat again this summer... but back on topic i think 80 is ideal

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    im curious what will happen when people (authorities, legislators,ect. ) start seeing accidents at these speeds and what happens to people in the accidents and or if they become more common. how will it effect all pwc riders and the sport as a whole?

Since the ski's are modified by their owners to obtain these speeds, the government/coast guard can't really step in...it be a like a case-by-case basis......They can only get involved if the speeds of the factory skis, UNTOUCHED, are that high...

Its like you can't blame Honda for making a dangerous Civic, only the owner who modified it...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information