Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy Narrowed it down, but cant make a choice.....

So i think i've narrowed it down. I'm sorry guys for asking so many dumb questions and stuff, but i just don't want to regret what i bought later on. So i was deciding between an 04' GTX sc and an 05' FX Cruiser. I've been doing alot of research on both, and i really like them both. I just want to know what you guys think. The FX is about $900 cheaper, and it still has a lil more than two years on the extended warranty. So i see that as some peace of mind there. They're both in really good condition. They're both like new. The GTX has 83 hours, and the FX has 77 hours. They both come with trailers ( the GTX comes with a real nice one, but again, thats just the trailer). They both come with covers, and lifevests. And the GTX comes with the GPS. But i dont think i really need it, and if i did, i could always buy one later on. I'm not going to be racing, or moding them, and from what i've read about the FX, its plenty fast. Although, most of what i read is about the 07's, not much out there about the 05's. But it seems like a nice family ski. Which is pretty much what i want it for. Here are some pics of both skis.

The GTX is $6400, and the FX is $5500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73761588212_0_BG.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	55375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67773588212_0_BG.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	55376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96773588212_0_ALB.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	55377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0114.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	55378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0115.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	55379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0116.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	55380  

+1
    That is a hard decision. The warranty would lean me in the direction of the yamaha.
    I would tell both sellers what is going on and ask them to meet you @ the boat ramp at the same time and ride them both. Riding might help with your decision too. Plus, they might even drop the price to help sway you.

I do this a lot with contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    That is a hard decision. The warranty would lean me in the direction of the yamaha.
    I would tell both sellers what is going on and ask them to meet you @ the boat ramp at the same time and ride them both. Riding might help with your decision too. Plus, they might even drop the price to help sway you.

I do this a lot with contractors.
    The only problem is that both people are like 100 miles away from each other.

Can you guys tell me your experiences with the 2005 FX Cruiser.

The FX has tilt stearing right? if it doesn't and your tall around 6'3 and up the cruiser seat causes some problems, handlebars hit knees, leg cramps from how you sit so your knees don't hit. at least thats what i've found on our ski.

Quote Originally Posted by brett541 View Post
    The FX has tilt stearing right? if it doesn't and your tall around 6'3 and up the cruiser seat causes some problems, handlebars hit knees, leg cramps from how you sit so your knees don't hit. at least thats what i've found on our ski.
    I'm 5'9"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1229 View Post
    I'm 5'9"
    it shouldn't cause you any problems.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    i have a gpr, and a waveblaster II.... and at the lake one time rode a friends gtx.. i have never ridden a cruiser BTW.

I noticed that the seadoo GTX felt a lot thinner in the front, and reminded me of my waveblaster II...

I know that personally I do not like having a thin front.. makes me feel like a less stable ski, not telling you that it makes it a less stable ski...

I agree with kirk.. have them meet, and ride them one after another.. and decide there... if you like the gtx get it, if you like the yamaha get it...

don't know if this is a good thing to do.. but look at the guy who has the ski you do not want and offer him a lower price than what he is asking.. lower than the ski you want to buy.. if he agrees turn to the other guy (the ski you want) and offer him a lower price.. because the other guy agreed lower, so he's got him beat.. so he will probably go down in price.. then hope the guy with the ski you want to get accepts your price, and you've got yourself a new ski

but overall, the GTX felt smaller in the front, and from a yamaha guy.. that wasn't my cup of tea. I have never ridden a cruiser as said, but by its size I doubt it will feel thin like that..

Anyway best of luck on buying the ski

+1
    The GTX SC will accelerate better. The Yamaha is more of a cruiser type. Both will handle the rough stuff very well.

With the SC you have some maintenance to consider.

+1
    The trailer the SC is on is one of the best you can buy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information