few prep questions for summer 2008

A few newbie questions.

I had my 06 RXP on the water for the first time last summer. many thanks again to shibby and crew for the metal washer install. I used the ski primarly in salt water and after my rides, i washed and lubed the ski generously.

After i had winterization its sitting in my garage, however i did not disconnect the battery. I have about 22 hours on the machine and i did not change the oil last summer. When i get my ski prepped for the summer, are there any extra precautions i should take or things i should ask the dealer to do? I just want to make try to lower my chance of any unnecessary trips to the dealer

Thanks for your help.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Long Island, NY
    Ray... we've been playing phone tag forever huh, and we still haven't caught up. Hope you been well man. we gotta meet up one day, grab a couple drinks or something.

disconnect that battery and shop online for a cheap battery tender or trickle charger... you'll greatly extend the life of that battery, and they aren't cheap to replace... if u keep that battery fully charged u'll be ready to go for summer time.

did u ever get a 10 hour service done or never got around to it? ... if not i'll take care of it all for you in the spring if u want so u dont need to make a dealer trip and drop $200+ bucks

Hey steve

Yea man, its been a while. I did have the ten hour service done at the dealer, so right now everything is running good. I will disconnect the battery this weekend.

Give me a call or drop me a text. We should try to meet up on a friday or something.

Lets do a ride in late april or something. I can drive out to long island and meet you. I know last summer you were finishing school and my company relocated to the city, so things we pretty crazy, but we gotta catch up for sure. I hope you will have an RXP-X i can test drive.

Thread Information