Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1300 R intake ?

1300 R intake ?

what intake are you guys running on a 75+ mph GPR setup ? I've been modding one for a freind , but im not too sure as to what to use for an intake and reeds..., been thinking of getting the RIVA race setup intake but I have also seen some of you guys with the stock air boxes ? TIA for your help.

+1
    a lot of riders use the r&d penium race filter or the riva race filter. i personally use the riva power filter with the pre filter which bolts right up to your stock air box. but you have to guy it and take out the cages. i chose this cause i ride in salt water and don't want to take the risk of suckin up salt water. the race filters sit further back. also you can cut out the black plates under the crowling to increase airflow.

There are several choices but the stock air box with the end open will work fine. It gives excellent protection against water and performs great if not better than anything out there.

I wouldn't recommend the riva power filter that goes on the end of the air box, it tends to rob rpm especially with a pre filter. If you get water that high in the hull then you have other problems imo.

If you feel you just have to have an air filter then the r&d open race filter will work great but it will not offer much protection against water.

what about performance gains ? will the stock box gutted add performance like the riva or R&D setups ?

African-American
    +1
    Hi

It will increase the airflow, so youll have to richen up the ski, via an aftermarket ecu, if you have an efi (gp1300r)

Basically it gives you more rpm;s, if memory serves me right its ~60rpm

So your acceleration increases slightly and you can increase the pitch on your impellor if you want a bit more top end.

You also get to remove a bunch of useless pipes, which lightens the front of the hull.

Not very much but every bit helps.

African-American
    +1
    You can test the gains, without having to purchase it.

Remove the large pipe at the front of the stock intake.

To see the same gains once you fit the filter + prefilter, you will have to remove the metal screens inside the stock airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    what about performance gains ? will the stock box gutted add performance like the riva or R&D setups ?
    Yes, if not more than the other setups Depending on other mods you have done you might need a EFI fuel controller too.

+1
    miarider...i take it that you ride in rough salt water?
    ronn you are right..if you have that much water in you hull you have problems. james pump tunnel blew out and i think he sucked up some salt water which rusted his bearing which lead to a bearing breaking. i went with the riva power filter as a precaution....don't want to take any chances.

yes most riding is done in surf, ocean riding with the occasional river/lake rides. I think im going to try gutting the stock box and going from there..

I run open throttle bodies with just the rubber factory velocity stacks on mine in salt water and never had any problems with it. Gained a bunch of rpms too over that stupid riva filter!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information