Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Fuel injection question... GP1300R

I have a GP1300R, After putting my ski back together last week, I took it for a couple of hours testing on the river without any issue getting it to 69.5mph @ 6880rpm with a 14/24 prop.

We then had a big ride on the weekend where I traveled about 15miles and stopped to meet some other skiiers (stopped for about 20 minutes) all without an issue.

When I went back to start the ski, it didn't start first click as usual, cranked it a few times and kicked over, about 30 seconds latter the engine warning light came on so I cut the engine, checked everything couldn't see anything wrong and started it again, run for about 30 seconds again before giving the engine warning again... engine was running as normal so I decided to keep riding to see if I could get a clue as to what was going on... engine was running normal taking it easy and keeping a close eye on it, I kept riding for about 10 or 15 minutes (turning it on and off at different intervals to check it out, (every time setting off the check engine warning) after about 10 to 15 minutes it seemed to drop a cylinder (I'm guessing a fuel injection safety feature) (started running rough)... beached it and pulled the spark plugs out, everything seems fine and good compression.

We towed it back to the boat ramp, when I got the ski home, it was cold again, checked compression, compression is 150/150/155, still throwing engine check light, and engine running smooth again, but there is no clue as to what it could be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is there any way to find out what the Fault code is without the yamah software?

any clues as to what it could be? engine ran fine for about 2.5 hours after I last played with it...

last things that were done were...
    - removed cleaned injectors
    - adjusted power valves
    - Running one heat ranger cooler spark plugs (standard plugs were not available).

Mods =
    - Delta VForce II Reeds
    - Wave eater Power Valve Couplers
    - Wave eater Power Valve clips
    - D Plate and Temp sensor chip
    - GP1300R ONE PIECE Flame Arrestor
    - Standard Ride plate
    - R&D 1200 Intake grate
    - Pump plug kit
    - 05 pump
    - Dynafly 14/24 prop
    - RIVA EFI controller (Settings = G=5, Y=7, R=1.5, =7)
    - 3 deg timing key (Island Racing).
    - Std head 150psi

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Autosport; 01-31-2008 at 07:19 AM.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    start engine and run it on the hose until the engine light flashes once it flashes hold the display button for about 10 to 15 seconds until it shows you a code. Once you get the code let us know which code it is and we will tell you what that code is for.

Auto, Is it giving you an actual code or giving you a symbol like an water or cat temp symbol???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    start engine and run it on the hose until the engine light flashes once it flashes hold the display button for about 10 to 15 seconds until it shows you a code. Once you get the code let us know which code it is and we will tell you what that code is for.
    Will do that latter tonight when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDRACING View Post
    Auto, Is it giving you an actual code or giving you a symbol like an water or cat temp symbol???
    No Code, just a flashing engine symbol (I was getting the cat temp symbol last year when my cat fell out before I put the D plate in).

I'll try what Jim says latter tonight when I get home... thanks.

+1
    Glad to hear the comp is all good ....

+1
    cheers mike.. thanks.

PS: the picture in my Avatar was taken while the engine warning light was going off... so still had good power too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    ... hold the display button for about 10 to 15 seconds until it shows you a code... let us know which code it is .
    started the ski, took about 10 seconds for the engine warning to flash again, pressed the display button for about 20 seconds and nothing happened (just kept flashing the engine symbol on the display)... ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosport View Post
    started the ski, took about 10 seconds for the engine warning to flash again, pressed the display button for about 20 seconds and nothing happened (just kept flashing the engine symbol on the display)... ???
    Keep trying sometimes they are a pain in the a$$, Try pushing the button a little harder and make sure you hold it the whole time. Also try shutting the ski off when the light comes on then hold the button, I had 1 ski one time it took over 20 tries before it decided to show a code.

+1
    Ok... done... CODE 15 (I think this is the engine temp sensor, I'll have to pull the exhaust off and check the conection, make sure there is no corosion on the conection... I'm guessing thats probably my first bet ?

+1
    yes it is the engine temp sensor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information