Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ī06 rxt pipe questions

hi all!!1 I just bought a rxt last week with 61 hours on it. I rode it for a bout 20 min. and I was very impressed. I got the rpms to go about 8000 and it was a blast of a ride. The question I have is that I got a set of what looks like exhaust pipes from the post office that the preivious owner had sent. There was a note saying that he forget to include them and that since he bought the ski he hasnīt put them on because itīll weaken the performance of the enigine. Is this true? Which is better, just leave them off or on? If I have to put them on where do they fit? The front or the back of the ski? I know these are silly questions but...........

There are a couple different types of exhaust systems available for both the RXP & RXT. Post some pictures of the pipes he sent you and we will be able to help you out. The OEM exhaust is very restrictive between the resonator, waterbox, and stock exhaust hose. Depending on the "pipes" you have the only thing I can think that he meant would maybe be water ingestion. Pretty much any exhaust upgrade you install will provide you with nothing but performance gains not losses.

How many pipes did he send you? Short or long? Some pipes eliminate the resonator & some eliminate the entire system but require a new exhaust outlet.

Welcome to the forum! Your best bet is take some pictures of the pipes and post them. You'll receive and ample amount of help.

Oh and the entire exhaust system is located behind the engine. (basically where the passenger sits)
    Last edited by kp04rxp; 01-31-2008 at 01:04 PM.

+1
    Welcome to the forum,

First you need to get familar with your ski, I would look at the thread at top "so you want to mod your ski for newbies". This will give you an overall about your ski and what diferent mods will help.

In order to answer your question we would need to know more about your ski.

1) Is your ski stock or does it have any mods?
    2) If so, what are the mods?

In regards to the exhuast we need know what type or name of exhuast.
    Usually an upgraded exhuast is not going to make a big difference in performance until you go to a Stage 2 or better to get any real gains.
    I have not seen or heared were an upgraded exhaust would hurt the motor.

Also, you need to get metal washers put in your Super charger if that has not been done. To learn more about Super Charger Washers just click on top left "SC rebuild service" and "SC clutch failure".
    You definetly need to read those and have your SC service done here by Jerry and it will be much cheaper and done correctly in a timely manor than your dealer.

Good luck and Congrats to your new DOO.

Wowo thatnk yo ufor the quick reply!! he sent me 3 black plastic pieces. 2 that are sorta bent tubes and one square looking with holes the same size as the tubes on either ends which I guess the tubes fit into. I think these are the stock exhaust tubes and not anything aftermarket. Sorry but I don´t have a camera right now. thank you

also, the ski is all stock

+1
    I believe that you are describing the stock exhaust tubes that go to the resenator and the resenator itself. I would be willing to bet that your exhaust is a "free flow" which means that you have the stock exhuast water box, and stock exit location. You just have the resonator removed probably.

skoepp- yeah I think your right. Can I continue riding without it on? Will it harm the engine in any way?

thank you

Definitely keep riding it the way it is. Everything will be fine. Read around the forum when you find time and you'll learn all kinds of info quickly about your pwc.

You will not harm the engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    Definitely keep riding it the way it is. Everything will be fine. Read around the forum when you find time and you'll learn all kinds of info quickly about your pwc.

You will not harm the engine.
    +1

I will thank you all for your advise

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information