HAWAII'S HUMPBACKS HEAD NORTH FOR THE SPRING AND SUMMER!

As many as 10,000 humpback whales may visit Hawaiian waters every year from November through May. During the spring and summer the North Pacific humpback whales migrate north to cooler waters where they feast on krill and small schooling fish. When in Hawai`i, these acrobatic, 45-ton marine mammals delight wildlife enthusiasts, but can pose safety hazards for boaters and other ocean users.
Note about Language

The Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary recognizes the rich markings of the Hawaiian language and has made every effort to include them here. However, the limitations of common fonts have prevented many of these markings from appearing. The sanctuary will continue to remain sensitive to the Hawaiian language and will include these markings wherever possible.

BOATING AND OCEAN USE BROCHURE
The Boating and Ocean Use Brochure features guidelines and regulations designed to help boaters, whale watchers, and other ocean users stay safe and legal on the water during whale season. Download a pdf version of the brochure.

HAWAI‘I OCEAN USER'S GUIDE
Hawai‘i’s Marine Protected Species: A Handbook for Ocean User’s is designed to highlight information on marine protected species and the federal and state regulations that protect them. The handbook highlights regulations that apply to ocean users who operate in Hawaiian waters. Download a pdf version of the handbook.

VESSEL COLLISION REPORTING INFORMATION
This vessel collision reporting information is available as a sticker to all boaters in Hawaii. Contact the Sanctuary at 1-888-55-WHALE ext. 252 to order your free copy. Download a pdf version of the sticker.
Hawaiian Beach Safety: http://oceansafety.soest.hawaii.edu/