Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Aligator Kills woman in my Jetski canal !

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

I thought I only had to watch out for other PWC's, now I have to contend
    with Aligators too! I ride in this canal (Markam Park, western part of
    Ft. Lauderdale where I75/I595 intersect every week. I have a titatium dive knife, but maybe I need to get one of those stainless steel shotguns and carry it in the small of my back like Pahoo did in the Old Yancy Derringer TV show.

Anyone else have to deal with wild animals while riding? Bears in Alaska?
    Chupa Cabras in Texas? Beaver Sharks in NY?

over...........

That sucks.

Although I believe last summer there was a guy in Southern CA that was attacked and killed and eaten by a moutain lion when he was bicycling on a trail.

+1
    We just deal with Bubbas in boats 'round these parts.

hahahaaa

Bubba's in boats are a huge problem in my area...they always think you are some punk kid when they are flippin u off or shakin their fist at you when you're 200 yards away. Then ya loop back around and ride right up to them and ask him what the F$$K they wanna do about it!!!

Back in the late 90's, a friend and I were idling thru a channel on standups in a no wake zone, we probably looked like lil folks down in the tray on our knees but we're both over 200 at 6'4 and 6'2 , i dunno. we were idling along about 150 ft behind a flats boat with two Bubbas in it and they kept looking back with shit eatin' grins and talkin' smack but we couldn't hear them for the noise from their outboard. After about 200 feet of idling behind them, they turned off and about the time we got to where they turned, here they are coming back...cutting straight across our path. I idled about 10 ft in front of them in disbelief that they never even attempted to slow down, well they came even closer to my partner, Im not sure what they said to him..but it was enough for him to jump off his ski (about 4 ft deep) and grab the passenger of the boat by the shirt and pounded on his face about a half a dozen times before they could give it enuff gas to get away. We laughed about that for the rest of the summer, but always looked over our shoulder too.

We really dont have to worry about too many animals up here when out on the river or lake. There's the occasional Moose crossing the river, but I usually only carry my 44 mag when I go fishing on the outskirts of town in semi remote areas and remote areas just incase a moose or bear decides to show up. The rule up here is you dont shoot unless your in immediate danger. They say you better walk away with a scratch or something or show proof of how close he got ya. Or jail time it is.

+1
    Wow thats crazy. Dude i live in sunrise right off of pine island and 25th. I have gone to markeim alot with my skis. Thats some crazy shit.. What do u ride?

+1

Markam Park

I'm riding a GTX Ltd. that I bought for my son. Now I'm going to
    get an RXT so we can tour together.
    It seems that the aligator attached that girl on land and then dragged
    her into St. Rd. 84 canal. The location is under those first bridges of the
    I595/ I75 overpass just east of the Markam park boat ramp.
    I was riding down there last Sunday, that gator was lurking on the
    banks probably looking at me! I'm not too concerned when I'm on
    the ski, just don't want to hit the mother #$$^% and be in the water
    with him. Hand to gator combat isn't my favorite cup of tea!

From what I know the gators are very inactive during the day, and will dive when you approach them in a motor boat. I had a 30' SeaRay with two big v8's (with 17" props) and chased one of them in the Intracoastal a couple years ago. He's probably still on the bottom!

+1
    Hey if u havent check out john u loyd park out u should its off of dania beach. take 595 east to us1 south and its about a mile or so u make a right on dania beach and the park is nice. its salt water u can go intercoastal riding or the inlit is right there. i just got home from there had a great day. Hit 9 hours today. hope to get the last one in tomorrow.

wow, i grew up in Plantation and used to swim in those canals daily.. saw tons of gators but they usually ran the other way whne they saw us..

+1
    Would you believe seagulls and cranes.... in Arizona??? Yup, and they got some attitude too. Between them critters, the mallards, and the fishermen, you better keep your eyes open. There is a nesting pair of bald eagles at my local lake. Whenever they are in town, the local bird population drops to zero... except for the pissed off vultures.

Of course Mac Douglas likes to test the Apache down through the canyon walls from time to time, so don't get forget to look behind you every once in a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information