Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dallas/Ft. Worth Area Inquiry

i may soon be relocating to the dallas area in may. i have never been to dallas let alone texas and was wondering about housing. where are the upscale towns located? what are the town's called?

+1
    Where is your new job's location? That will make a big difference about where you want to live. Traffic is a pain down here. You live too far from work and you could be spending a couple of hours a day in traffic.

+1
    Most of the upscale areas are north and northwest of Dallas. Towns like Plano, Frisco, Southlake, Colleyville, Coppell and Mckinney are fast growing nice areas. If you have really big money, Preston Hollow, Highland Park and University Park are super nice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeater View Post
    Where is your new job's location? That will make a big difference about where you want to live. Traffic is a pain down here. You live too far from work and you could be spending a couple of hours a day in traffic.
    Ain't that the truth. I spend over two hours a day commuting to and from work.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    dallas sucks to drive in i would rather have houston traffic any day

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superduty View Post
    dallas sucks to drive in i would rather have houston traffic any day
    I don't know about that. Houston traffic sucks too. I've wasted many hours of my life on 59, 610, 290 and I-10. It's kind of like saying you prefer the taste of arsenic over hemlock.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    I don't know about that. Houston traffic sucks too. I've wasted many hours of my life on 59, 610, 290 and I-10. It's kind of like saying you prefer the taste of arsenic over hemlock.
    thats true but i know more short cuts and back roads in houston than i do dallas maybe thats my problem

ok let me rephrase this as i think you all think im bill gates. im looking for a nice condo or apartment to rent for the summer. i have been offered an internship with PGA of America North Texas Section and might even keep the job afterwards. im sure traffic cant be worse(could be as bad tho) as philadelphia and new york city traffic which im used too so thats no issue for me. i might have an issue with the way people drive, i heard you southern folks take your time while us yankees are balls to the walls lol .....anyways thanks for you comments, i just want to live in a nice area while im down their, im not my dad so im not planning on building for a summer stay

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ View Post
    ok let me rephrase this as i think you all think im bill gates. im looking for a nice condo or apartment to rent for the summer. i have been offered an internship with PGA of America North Texas Section and might even keep the job afterwards. im sure traffic cant be worse(could be as bad tho) as philadelphia and new york city traffic which im used too so thats no issue for me. i might have an issue with the way people drive, i heard you southern folks take your time while us yankees are balls to the walls lol .....anyways thanks for you comments, i just want to live in a nice area while im down their, im not my dad so im not planning on building for a summer stay
    Their offices are in far north Dallas near Addison (the town I work in). It's a nice area. You could easily find a nice apartment or condo in Plano or Addison and have a very short commute. Generally speaking, Plano is full of yuppies, soccer moms and McMansions. Addison is all bars and restaurants and is where all the materialistic younger people like to hang out.

+1
    Are you bringing your ski? Below are a couple of cottages on Lake Lewisville for less than $900 per month. Lake Lewisville is where a bunch of guys on this forum ride. It may be a commute but it could be worth it for the backyard.

http://lakehousevactions.com/page-3746.html

http://lakehousevactions.com/page-3615.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information