Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WAKEBOARD

WAKEBOARD

Could you pull a wakeboarder with a 2008 rxp-x or should I get the rxt-x?

+1
    You prob. could but i know that you would be better off with the RXT.
    I have friends that ski compititon and they can really pull any jet ski arround alot if they want. I have seen them work a small boat over for that matter.
    You might look at the the 2008 wake edition see doo. It has a ballast tank in the back that can fill with water automatically to add weight and stability in the rear end were a normal skis rear end can get man handled preety good with someone that is big and can put alot of torque. I am sure that it makes a better wake for the boarder also.

But I have not seen one or heard any comments on the new wake so only spectulation and comments after reading results.
    Last edited by skoepp; 02-01-2008 at 12:59 PM.

+1
    You can add the ski pilon and the ballast tank to the RXT-X as well. I am told the tank can retrofit to any 3 seater four stroke SeaDoo.
    That being said you may pull the wakeboarders shoulders out of their sockets with the X.

Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    Could you pull a wakeboarder with a 2008 rxp-x or should I get the rxt-x?
    Yes, you could pull a wakeboarder with an RXP-X. They have enough power to pull pretty much anyting. However, many state laws require you to have a spotter sitting backwards on the ski to watch the towee and room on the ski to carry the towee to and from where you are wakeboarding. Thats why the 'Wakeboard Edition" is a 3-seater...like the RXT-X.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    You can add the ski pilon and the ballast tank to the RXT-X as well. I am told the tank can retrofit to any 3 seater four stroke SeaDoo.
    That being said you may pull the wakeboarders shoulders out of their sockets with the X.
    I had not even thought of that. I am not sure that I want to get behind one of those x,s.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Yes, you could pull a wakeboarder with an RXP-X. They have enough power to pull pretty much anyting. However, many state laws require you to have a spotter sitting backwards on the ski to watch the towee and room on the ski to carry the towee to and from where you are wakeboarding. Thats why the 'Wakeboard Edition" is a 3-seater...like the RXT-X.
    +1 good point.

They will pull you but the wake sucks You can barely get any air..

you think a 08 rxt-x would beat a 07 stage 1 rxp?

For North Carolina, this is what they said...

"No person shall operate a PWC towing another person on water skis or other towed device unless the PWC has on-board, in addition to the operator, an observer who shall monitor the person(s) being towed, or the PWC is equipped with a rearview mirror; and the persons operating, observing, and being towed do not exceed the safe capacity rating for the vessel."

So it says "OR the PWC is equipped with a rearview mirror"... so does that mean if you have a 2-seater with mirrors that you could tow someone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    For North Carolina, this is what they said...

"No person shall operate a PWC towing another person on water skis or other towed device unless the PWC has on-board, in addition to the operator, an observer who shall monitor the person(s) being towed, or the PWC is equipped with a rearview mirror; and the persons operating, observing, and being towed do not exceed the safe capacity rating for the vessel."

So it says "OR the PWC is equipped with a rearview mirror"... so does that mean if you have a 2-seater with mirrors that you could tow someone?
    They mention 3 persons, persons operating, observing, and being towed do not exceed the safe capacity for the vessel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information