Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Gee...I wonder why we are having to pay so much for gas!

Last edited by 32DegH2O; 02-01-2008 at 02:53 PM.

+1
    I wish I could have made a 30% profit or pay increase last year. What a bunch of BS.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Yeah its Exxon that sets the price of oil and gas

Haven't either of you ever heard of the commodities market? If Exxon could team up with the other oil companies and set the price of oil would it have been $9 a barrel in Feb of 1999? Or did they just not want to make money then.

And 800Amsoil4U, what exactly would you sell if the oil companies weren't in business?

Sorry I am just sick and dang tired of people running the oil companies through the dirt when oil is up. These companies set up their operations to beable to stay in buisness at $25 a barrel, so of course when oil is pushing $100 a barrel they are making money hand over fist, just remember it may not be likely but tomorrow oil could be $9 a barrel again. That is the risk Exxon & company take. Think about that what would you do if your expense was basically fixed and someone who was just guessing what your product was worth set the price. You take profits when you could get them and suck it up in the hard times.

+1
    Ever heard of supply and demand...with oil being harder to find year after year and demand always going up...I hardly think the price of oil is all of a sudden going to drop like a rock...don't ya think?? Oil companies have hardly ever lost money in their intire history!! And to be making that kind of a net profit and you're only producing 3% of the worlds oil, that's just ridiculous!! Of course Exxon doesn't set the price per barrel but they sure set the price to their distributors!
    Last edited by 32DegH2O; 02-01-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    Ever heard of supply and demand...with oil being harder to find year after year and demand always going up...I hardly think the price of oil is all of a sudden going to drop like a rock...don't ya think?? Oil companies have hardly ever lost money in their intire history!! And to be making that kind of a net profit and you're only producing 3% of the worlds oil, that's just ridiculous!!
    If it is straight supply and demand why does the price of oil over the last 40 years look like a rollercoaster and not a smooth climb. I live in an area where in 1980 the price of oil was $50 a barrel and headed for $100 with no stopping. And then the bottom fell out. Oil is coming down. Just as sure as the sun rises and sets. And when it comes down it will go back up thats history,the history of every market.

Also the reason Exxon looks exorbinant at 3% of supply is Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, Venezuela, Mexico, and Lybia have state owned oil production and they don't exactly report quarterly profits.

You know I am sick of this. You don't like what Exxon does don't buy the product they make. To be sure of this you better know your oil supply chain because I know all odds say they touched it some where along the way.

+1
    Someone must have stock in Exxon I guess...

+1
    Well I wonder why everybody bitches about profit margin sure dont see traffic on the roads dying down at all plus people are driving fast than ever before! Like said all about supply and demand dont like the price then stay home more and slow down and consurve fuel when you drive

+1
    In this day and age...sure don't know how anybody, especially with a family, can survive/manage without having to drive/get around... and I don't think a handful of people staying home is going to help prices fall!! Maybe if the government would let someone who has invented transportation that gets 70 mpg (which has been done!) actually produce their product instead of letting the oil companies put a stop to their invention...then maybe things wouldn't be so bad! Not to mention, our government has absolutely no interest in really turning this country green!...just lame attempts at trying to make us think they are. If the government was truly adamant about going green, they sure could mandate a heck of lot of changes if they wanted!...so why aren't they doing it? hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    In this day and age...sure don't know how anybody, especially with a family, can survive/manage without having to drive/get around... and I don't think a handful of people staying home is going to help prices fall!! Maybe if the government would let someone who has invented transportation that gets 70 mpg (which has been done!) actually produce their product instead of letting the oil companies put a stop to their invention...then maybe things wouldn't be so bad! Not to mention, our government has absolutely no interest in really turning this country green!...just lame attempts at trying to make us think they are. If the government was truly adamant about going green, they sure could mandate a heck of lot of changes if they wanted!...so why aren't they doing it? hmmmm...
    Hmmmm I wonder how green jetskis are?

I also wonder how much cheaper gas would be today if we were still drilling off of Florida and California and started drilling in ANWAR.

I'm doing my part to use as much gas as possible to tick off the greenies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information