Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Florida Keys

Florida Keys

Where are some good spots to ride down there. I am coming down in March, I just cant wait for the ice to melt up here

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RS24 View Post
    Where are some good spots to ride down there. I am coming down in March, I just cant wait for the ice to melt up here
    ALL I CAN SAY IS THE ICE IS MELTING NOW-here atleast-sorry
    AND hit me up
    cant realy give any area advice CAUSE ---- it rocks everywhere
    mattman

i just did 3 days in islamarada and then 3 days in key west . everywhere in the keys are good for pwc

just explore everywhere in islamarada , make sure to cruise out to the lighthouse a few miles offshore from the 79 mile marker (a good place to launch if you have a truck , there is a free ramp there ) a good place to stay that has a boat ramp is smugglers cove . the rooms are a little dumpy but it is cheap and convienient for keeping the pwc

key west has a ton of good riding too. my last day in key west i drove the jetski north on the ocean side to the north end of the 7 mile bridge (approx 40 miles) there was so much to see along the way

make sure you check out the reef off of key west , about 5 to 7 miles out , at the lighthouse .
    also blast around all of the little islands off key west .
    also check out the big red ligthouse about 5 to 7 miles off shore from the 7 mile bridge

When you get down there just pick one of the maps they give out in gas stations or supermarkets that have all the good sightings, and famous spots in the Keys and go from there. There is so much too see down there that I think you need at least a week to explore everyting....

Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post

i just did 3 days in islamarada and then 3 days in key west . everywhere in the keys are good for pwc

just explore everywhere in islamarada , make sure to cruise out to the lighthouse a few miles offshore from the 79 mile marker (a good place to launch if you have a truck , there is a free ramp there ) a good place to stay that has a boat ramp is smugglers cove . the rooms are a little dumpy but it is cheap and convienient for keeping the pwc

key west has a ton of good riding too. my last day in key west i drove the jetski north on the ocean side to the north end of the 7 mile bridge (approx 40 miles) there was so much to see along the way

make sure you check out the reef off of key west , about 5 to 7 miles out , at the lighthouse .
    also blast around all of the little islands off key west .
    also check out the big red ligthouse about 5 to 7 miles off shore from the 7 mile bridge

Should have waved as you passed by

Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    Should have waved as you passed by

i WAS waving , it's just that i was going so fast that you couldnt see it

Well I am taking the 30hr drive from MN in March. Should get there on the 8th, so any cant miss things I should see would be great. Thanks

+1
    If you want to do some diving or snorkel, check out Google Earth. It give you location to go to. So if you have a GPS you can find this stuff pretty easy. Also check out this site http://www.divespots.com/ for details on different dive locations. Now if you like lobesters check this out http://myfwc.com/marine/lobster.htm . Keys West is like Disney Land, you can't see everything the first time. I do recommend tring to catch some lobesters if you are going to be there during the season. Anyways have fun and don't forget the camera. If you talk about a trip you have to post pics.

P.S.
    There is a lot of seaweed down here at times. So get a strainer and watch out for the swallows.
    Last edited by f150vtx; 02-09-2008 at 08:13 AM.

Looe Key for some snorkeling. Book a charter and go catch some fish. If your up for it Garden of Eden above The Bull on duval street.

Quote Originally Posted by f150vtx View Post
    If you want to do some diving or snorkel, check out Google Earth. It give you location to go to. So if you have a GPS you can find this stuff pretty easy. Also check out this site http://www.divespots.com/ for details on different dive locations. Now if you like lobesters check this out http://myfwc.com/marine/lobster.htm . Keys West is like Disney Land, you can't see everything the first time. I do recommend tring to catch some lobesters if you are going to be there during the season. Anyways have fun and don't forget the camera. If you talk about a trip you have to post pics.

P.S.
    There is a lot of seaweed down here at times. So get a strainer and watch out for the swallows.

thanks, just ordered the strainer. Just have to get a waterproof camera and i will be GTG. Cant wait to beat on the new X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information