Smile question on mirror boost gauge

I am in the proces of soon putting a boost and volt gauge in my mirror (2 1/16) but how do u run the line/hose of the boost g. to the manifold or BOV, b/c u dont want to kink it.......does it bend when u close the hood? any help would be apprcieted and pics. also where do u add silicone for a lil extra protection? thkx alot

I have a boost gauge install in my ski on the center of the steering, I ran the boost line through the OEM wiring routing and holes all the way to the top of the steering. The line won't kink unless you bend it over 90 degrees. Just make sure to use tie straps so the line will be secure to the OEM harness and not loose when you go riding and hitting the waves......

I had the plastic capilary tubing also in my GTX: what I did was slid some rubber tubing (vacuum hose or windshield washer hose) over the plastic tubing where it comes out from the inner hood down towards the hood hinge. I zip tied the line to the exsisting wires, then routed the line thru the hull to the engine...

sorry, the pics I have are for the GTX...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by RxPrider View Post
    I am in the proces of soon putting a boost and volt gauge in my mirror (2 1/16) but how do u run the line/hose of the boost g. to the manifold or BOV, b/c u dont want to kink it.......does it bend when u close the hood? any help would be apprcieted and pics. also where do u add silicone for a lil extra protection? thkx alot

run your hose to the nose , in between the hood and hull is a rubber grommet that moves w/ the hood & is zip tied on. take that off and drill a hole in it to fit your hose. dont hold w/ your hand when drilling--

Thread Information