Which Solas Impeller?

I have a stock 98 GSX Limited (Silver motor) and going to replace the standard impeller with a Solas.
    I am at a bit of a loss as to which model impeller would work best with the pump which is the plastic housing model.
    Concord/Dynafly or what?

+1
    what do you want better holeshot?? better top end?
    or a bit of both??
    call up IMPROS, they know all the impellers really good.

+1
    skat trak 13-21 swirl or a solas 14-19 concord

+1
    The 98 had a larger nozzle than the later model GSX's. You can go to the 15/20 Concord for great acceleration gain, and 1-2 more speed than the aggressive OEM impeller. No need to go down to a 13/19 DF or 14/19 CD with the large nozzle. You'll lose speed with either on this boat.
    David
    ps- thanks for the kind words Lextoy

Quote Originally Posted by jaba01 View Post
    I have a stock 98 GSX Limited (Silver motor) and going to replace the standard impeller with a Solas.
    I am at a bit of a loss as to which model impeller would work best with the pump which is the plastic housing model.
    Concord/Dynafly or what?

98 GSXL

I got the 97.5 white motor and the cast pump assy in my GSXL, I just install a jet kit and F/A so the 15/20 should be my next mod right??

Thanks
    Jake

+1
    Right on Jake.
    D
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJake View Post
    I got the 97.5 white motor and the cast pump assy in my GSXL, I just install a jet kit and F/A so the 15/20 should be my next mod right??

Thanks
    Jake

+1
    Which impeller are you guys running on a 99GSXL with FA, and a Head?

+1
    I'd use the 15/20 CD on that one too fast one. That still had the large nozzle.
    D

I ended up with a 15/20 Concord which is o/k but it has dulled the accelleration slightly. A wee bit too tall, but great for longer cruises. Much better hook up in the rough than the standard impeller though. A lot smoother feel overall ! I have had fun learning about pulling pump out and changing bits over. Someone had left out the anti rattle spring from the oil resovior nose. Threw in a new wear ring, oil & o ring etc.
    Not a hard exercise at all! In hindsight I think I would go for a Dynafly 13/19 next time. We have clocked 35hrs (Purchased at 167hrs) on it since Dec 07 and its still going strong. I believe it's still on the orginal engine so it will be interesting to see how many hrs i can get until it needs a freshen up! This is our first ski and we are finding it great fun. (Coming from a hardcore Barefooter who always referred to them as Homo Chariots).
    Last edited by jaba01; 02-23-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Smile

IF this helps any I had a few 750 twins sts that had over 1500 hrs on them,hard hrs sometimes 8 to 10 a day on weekend with shutting down to refuel only,Thats not a seadoo but the newer oils are such good quality there wasnt even a wear lip at top of cylinder where ring doesnt touch.We pulled them apart one winter after 3 yrs to re-ring .They could have gone another season or 2!The enemy of todays motors and quality forgings,metals etc. is old gas and or lack of use!!!Of course JMHO>Marvin

Thread Information