Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Grey Imports To Au

Hi Gang,
    Seems like there's a few people who would like to do a "grey import" from US into AU.
    Below is a reply I gave to a PM I received. I hope it helps those who are interested.

"Most of the info I've got (except for the actual dealers) are posted on Green Hulk or Ozpwc.

Frieght costs are pretty easy to get just call a freight forwarder and tell'm up front what your doing. They can get the ski from door to door if needed. I've got a set of rails coming from the middle of Canada for the RXT into the Shuttlecraft arriving next week by air. $900aud. Piece of cake.

Don't email the dealers in LA, waste of time. Phone! Put'em on the spot and see if they bite. Go to the top, ask for the owner or a least the sales manager. Some will some won't.

I'll be heading to Mudbug in the middle of June so during that time I'll be spending some time with LA dealers and see what I can stir up for new and 2nd handy ski's.

I'll list progress on GH as I go, so anything you need answered and it's not private just post.

Happy to help.
    Dean

So please follow this thread (if thats OK with you Jerry) and we'll see were it takes us.

Hi Dean

It does seem to be the way to go.
    The only thing the end user would be giving up is the warranty.
    Seems to me that isn't worth much as its only 12 months.
    If you'd like to PM me I'm getting pricing from a Seadoo main distributor in the U.S and we may have access to showroom stock.
    As a business it may be great as the best we could do is maybe make 2k per ski.
    Which is reasonable I suppose.
    Cheers
    G.

+1
    Very Interested PM me i am after a RXP-X

Might have a few other boys interested x 3

Moderated
    mmm group buy pricing, now where are talking.

grey imports

Sounds good. I've seen some nice boats advertised in the'States but what about the insurance situation? I know parts and insurance are real bugbears in grey import cars.

Will keep an eye on the forum and see how you go!

Cheers

+1

Can Of Worms

Quote Originally Posted by Ozplanman View Post
    Sounds good. I've seen some nice boats advertised in the'States but what about the insurance situation? I know parts and insurance are real bugbears in grey import cars.

Will keep an eye on the forum and see how you go!

Cheers
    Insurance
    I can't see the insurance being any different. After-all it's the same ski in AU as it is in US.
    So regardless of were you bought it, it should be the same.
    Best way to answer this is call one of the insurance guys and ask them.
    They never asked me "were" I bought mine!!

Financing
    However, if you were to seek finance to buy a ski from O/sea's, different story completely I think. Not many lenders would be interested if their check was going to someone offshore. Bit hard to track'em down.

C.U.P.
    So if you wanted a ski it would be "cash up front" to pay the US dealer BEFORE it left their door. Normal practice for anything imported. Question; Are you willing to lose your money?

C.R.A.P. factoring
    So maybe the best way to get the ball rolling is to figure the best way to work together without crapping on each other if things don't turn out as they should.

Lets Be Honest
    Harsh words but I've been in partnerships before and it gets very murky if it goes tits up.

LEAD DOG????Option
    If one person was to bring them in then the others bought at cost plus %age, I think it'll work. We all just have to figure out the %age we think is fair/happy to pay. Remember when they arrive NO WARRANTY, NO COMEBACKS!! But a cheaper ski.

YOU OR ME OR TOGETHER
    I don't care if I did it or someone else for 2 reasons;
    Reason 1, If I put the money up I would want something for all the work and worry done. Not a lot, just to be fair. + FULL COSTS TRANSPARENCY!
    Reason 2, If someone else did it I would be happy to put in my %age to help the poor bugger importing them for all the work and worry. Not a lot, just to be fair. +FULL COSTS TRANSPARENCY!

Future
    We could also share the imports of mods, servicing and other things coming in. Who knows.

Time to run and hide
    Now I've opened that can of worms, ANY SUGGESTIONS???
    Or should I just switch off the computer and go hide under a rock for been a just bit undiplomatic/blunt.
    Last edited by Gunna; 02-14-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling

+1
    Just needed to add that I can get gal trailers for about $975au in lots of 6. So if you need one in Brissy give me a pm. Again, I'll buy in lots then sell at same + %age. Trick is "What is a good %age figure that's fair?".

I'm still digging around for other prices. It's just a start.

And thanks to the people who PM. Naturally I'll be careful with any information I get.

+1
    http://www.import-a-boat.com.au/ - Today, 06:46 PM

Call John on 07 5534 9910 or 0405 911 807. (He gave me the OK to mention him direct.)

Talk to him yourselves but basically he fills a container from the LA area and ships to AU.
    A dealer he has worked with currently has;
    4 x FXHO =USD9200,
    5 x FX Cruiser = USD 9700,
    1 x Wake = USD10000
    1 x GTX limited = USD11000
    All 07's
    1 x GTX Limited 06 =USD10000

Shipping is AUD2200 or there abouts. He makes a few dollars on the shipping side of things.

If your not sure on the ski prices go to www.pwccost.comfind the ski you want and buy the pricing quote. $15usd by C/Card. I did one for the GTXLted and it's great to know the yanks prices and on costs.

You pay for the ski direct, they ship.

Remember save $'s BUT NO WARRANTY.

I'm in.

+1
    So, has anyone found out a good dealer in LA for exporting RXTX's yet?
    Or anywere for that matter?

+1
    you might find it hard to find a dealer to purchase new skis from, for export to australia/new zealand as any 07/08 skis that turn up on our shores and have not been sold by a local dealer, does incur a fee to the seller if the local dealer can supply brp with a vin no

jase

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information