Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

250X stage 1.. do's dont's?

All,
    I plan on having the Stage 1 installed on my 250 shortly. I have been reading about some do's and don'ts. I wanted to know if by now have they gotten all the bugs worked out on this ski yet. I have heard of melting T connectors,filters on the catch can, oil all over the engine, the SC belts stop working if you get oil on it.
    I am also looking to have (if it's worth it) a new steering system installed. I'm not totally sold on this upgrade yet.. the TMI-UMI systems are nice, but i think before i drop that kinda money into steering i think i would want it invest it into the rest of the ski first. if i have any money left over and i'm still down there i'll have them do it. perhaps late march or april i'll drive down can anyone here think of anything that i should NOT have them do and have something DONE instead?I also like the ideas of the additional perf upgrades- provided that they are ok to do and wont cause more headaches..I dont trust the shops here in NY, So this is why the long trip.. oh and this way i can also test out my new garmin GPS nuvi 760 for the car and the garmin 76CSX for the ski.
    thanks.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    All,
    I plan on having the Stage 1 installed on my 250 shortly. I have been reading about some do's and don'ts. I wanted to know if by now have they gotten all the bugs worked out on this ski yet. I have heard of melting T connectors,filters on the catch can, oil all over the engine, the SC belts stop working if you get oil on it.
    I am also looking to have (if it's worth it) a new steering system installed. I'm not totally sold on this upgrade yet.. the TMI-UMI systems are nice, but i think before i drop that kinda money into steering i think i would want it invest it into the rest of the ski first. if i have any money left over and i'm still down there i'll have them do it. perhaps late march or april i'll drive down can anyone here think of anything that i should NOT have them do and have something DONE instead?I also like the ideas of the additional perf upgrades- provided that they are ok to do and wont cause more headaches..I dont trust the shops here in NY, So this is why the long trip.. oh and this way i can also test out my new garmin GPS nuvi 760 for the car and the garmin 76CSX for the ski.
    thanks.
    save yourself the trouble.... take it to carl @ island racing. he knows his stuff and is a well respected member in the community.

the drive sucks donke dick... i know, i have done it 15 or 16 times in the last 3 years.

and if you still want to keep the stock steering set-up and just go with different bars, i will have something up and running in the next month or so that lets you change the stock bars and keep the oem steering....

+1
    Hello,
    thanks for the reply.. You ain't the only one to tell me the drive sux.I did not really have any other place to turn really...I am not familier with carl. i'll; look him up and see what i come up with.
    Thanks for the tip on the steering.. i'm not really sure on which way i wanna go yet.. but if i do decide to drive down(got friends i can visit)while they have the machine all yanked apart they can do the steering , but like i said i'm not totally sold on that yet.
    thanks for the reply.

+1
    Thanks for the tip. I went to the site. I'll stop by there one day this week and see what the place looks like.
    Thanks again.

+1
    Gig,
    Putting the Riva stage 1 kit on a 250X is not that big a deal. I'd check out that guys shop but it's not that technical a job. Mainly simple bolt on stuff.

+1
    B,
    Thanks for the reply.Yeah I see that... mainly bolt on stuff.. infact when i asked how long it would take i was told it might be ready in a day-if the parts are in stock.So i tend to go along with you guys in that respect. I'll slide by that guys shop tomorow and see what it looks like and if i feel confident looking around.Round here(NY) they dont do enough of these to suit me.I asked about a stage 1 kit after it had been out for a while the shop did not even know what i was talking about- sure what a confidence builder!! people here like to sell, customer service if it comes at all comes later- normally at the cost of the customer.
    I just want to make sure i do this right.I myself- if i were more mechanically inclined i would do it myself, But i'm not, so i wont attempt it. The 2nd shop is only 45 min away(with a headwind) thats alot closer than Pompano! Do you know of anyone who has had work done here?
    thanks.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    B,
    Thanks for the reply.Yeah I see that... mainly bolt on stuff.. infact when i asked how long it would take i was told it might be ready in a day-if the parts are in stock.So i tend to go along with you guys in that respect. I'll slide by that guys shop tomorow and see what it looks like and if i feel confident looking around.Round here(NY) they dont do enough of these to suit me.I asked about a stage 1 kit after it had been out for a while the shop did not even know what i was talking about- sure what a confidence builder!! people here like to sell, customer service if it comes at all comes later- normally at the cost of the customer.
    I just want to make sure i do this right.I myself- if i were more mechanically inclined i would do it myself, But i'm not, so i wont attempt it. The 2nd shop is only 45 min away(with a headwind) thats alot closer than Pompano! Do you know of anyone who has had work done here?
    thanks.

rudy @ r-rated performance in bayville nj is close to you as well... carl is a well respected member of the community, built some of the quickest "stock" gpr's on the east coast

+1
    Thanks i'll look him up too.
    Gig

+1
    rudy's website did not work i'll try it back later on..
    thanks again

Look into the stock prop upgrade by IMPROS. Its $120.00 and from what I've hear, its well worth the C-note.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information