Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ODI Grips issue with RIVA Finger throttle kit

I originally was running the RIVA Finger throttle kit with the bar extensions and the stock grips. After a few rides and not being satisfied with the finish on the kit, I decided to modify the stock piece on the throttle side and make it work with the bar extensions and the stock grips minus the cheap RIVA cover.

Here is the new issue that I am having. I want to use the ODI grips with locks, but they seem to be too long.

What are you guys doing to make this particular setup work ? It looks as if I am going to have to trim the spacer that comes with the RIVA kit as well as the OE piece on the throttle side.

Could a UMI setup be in my near future ????

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    I originally was running the RIVA Finger throttle kit with the bar extensions and the stock grips. After a few rides and not being satisfied with the finish on the kit, I decided to modify the stock piece on the throttle side and make it work with the bar extensions and the stock grips minus the cheap RIVA cover.

Here is the new issue that I am having. I want to use the ODI grips with locks, but they seem to be too long.

What are you guys doing to make this particular setup work ? It looks as if I am going to have to trim the spacer that comes with the RIVA kit as well as the OE piece on the throttle side.

Could a UMI setup be in my near future ????
    I am saving my middle finger, for sstaino, this one's for ya buddy........this is what I use.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 860.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	409.1 KB 
ID:	56093  
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 02-08-2008 at 06:34 AM.

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar
    This is my set up. What I like about it, is you can still use a cover, as the handlebars aren't as wide. For me the stock grips with the Riva conversion made the handlebars to wide. If you use the UMI trigger/throttle you will need to get the Riva "aftermarket grip extensions" (even this may not work). If you don't, the UMI throttle causes the ODI grip to stick out to far and the outer lock ring will not attached to any part of the handlebar. If your wanting to use the UMI trigger with ODI's I would get the UMI steering and handlebars.

Name:	IMG_1532.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	441.3 KB 
ID:	56097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1533.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	337.8 KB 
ID:	56098  

something so simple is turning into a real mission here. Going with the UMI is a great solution, but im also thinking $$. There are so many things I can do to go faster.

MIArider you might want to pm Snowman or maybe he can chime in here. I think he has the same setup you are talking about. I remember talking to him about doing the finger throttle because I liked the way he has his set up and I am almost positive he has the ODI grips.

If I remember correctly, Riva has two finger throttle kits available. One for use with the stock grips and one for use with aftermarket grips. Talk to Mark Sheffield @ Riva, he will know what you need. That's who I ordered the finger throttle kit and ODI grips from as well as the bar plugs. I still had to shave some from the spacer on the left grip to get a perfect fit though. Here's how they look installed. You can order various colors for the rings for the extra bling factor.

Mark

Name:	DCP_0249.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	814.2 KB 
ID:	56234  

Mark S,
    Is it me or does your left side stick out more than the right?

JP

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar
    The white ODI grips from Blowsion with their green lock rings look really cool with the apple green.

It might look like that but its really not. The way you know is because the bars are the same length on each side. So you put the grips with the locks on first then you can determine the size of the spacer that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Mark S,
    Is it me or does your left side stick out more than the right?

JP

No, both grips set out the same distance on the extensions. Could be the angle of the pic that makes it appear that way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information