Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Filled Ride Plate Bolt Holes.

I sanded my ride plate the other day for the heck of it. Before doing it my top speed was 66.5 at 8020 rpm's. After that mod it went up to 66.9 at 8060 rpm's. Then i filled the ride plate holes with loctite epoxy stick putty. My runs today were 67.9, 67.9, and 68 exactly, at 8140 to 81.60. The water temp was 71 and the air temp was 72.

So far the putty is staying in fine, we shall see in the long run how good it is. I still have to fill the intake grate holes and around the ride plate with silicone tomorrow. I was happy with the extra speed for so little money. Oh i have a stock 06 rxt with blockoffs. Intake grate will come off when i get the riva grate. Can't wait for more mods!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    very impressive numbers you're pushing there on an RXT... good work.

how much did you sand the rideplate? down to the alumunum to a shine pretty much?

get yourself a Rotax thru-hull exhaust, an air intake, and a SOLAS... you will break 70.0 i know you are inquiring other mods, but ur gonna need exahust and air no matter what, might as well start with the cheap stuff and gain your cheap quick first 4mph or so and see where that gets you... i think you will be FULLY impressed what an air intake, exhaust, and SOLAS do to the RXT. ask Vman... he's a stubborn picky SOB, and even he's impressed with his RXT with those mods...

Shibby, i sanded the rideplate by hand using a block sander going only in the direction of the water flow. I didn't use a vibrator sander. I didn't get it shiny in most places but i used a 220 grit and then a 320 grit, it still had a couple of ruff spots i'll work on. Also i am going to mudbug to see what alot of the top guys are using for mods. Then jerry is going to help me out in that department.

Shibby, you like the rotax thru-hull exhaust better than the riva?

What mods do you have ?
    You are haulling with 70 temps. This is with gps ?
    68 and not even a stage 1 ? You are going to break 70 with a stage 1, jeez.
    If you can do the riva grate all by itself and see if you gain or loose top speed.

+1
    i have the Riva currently.... but it's coming out and being Sold for some nice changes and parts i have in coming weeks.

I have the riva... but went and called Nils for one of his billet exhaust tips bc i like the silver look better than Riva's black outlet... the plastic holds the heat far better, but the metal is stronger and more resistant to collapsing obviously.

it's a matter of personal preference.... and the quality comes with a price as you may see in Jerry's online store.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    If you can do the riva grate all by itself and see if you gain or loose top speed.
    didn't i tell you to do this about 7 minutes ago in another thread?

I'm trying to delegate
    Once I get that Riva back on I'm using right stuff silicone and the next time I'm touching the grate is when I do a rideplate mod.

I'm just curious. If the stock is faster then I've got to figure out how to modify the Riva. Burnwater said the stock was like a mph or 2 faster.

Kinchyle, i only have blockoffs right now. Yes this is with a gps, i took about 6 runs and got just about the same every time. I still have to fill the grate holes tomorrow, i hope to get something else out of it. I'm probably going to get the riva grate, but i think i am going to get quite a few mods with it. I am going to mudbug to see what some of the other skis have. Then i will start making mod decisions. Do you guys just hold the gps in you hand? I have been it stinks.lol

[some nice changes and parts i have in coming weeks. ] Shibby what are the new parts you are buying?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information