Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OPAS Block Offs

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar

OPAS Block Offs

Is there actually any difference in handling or speed between the basic opas block off kit vs. the RE kit that fills in the entire void. I want to eliminate the opas, but am thinking to myself is the extra 220 dollars worth it for the RE block offs. Thanks guys!

+1
    In my oppinion it helps performance above 70 to 72 mph. It helps in porposing and I can conrirm that it works. I will be putting re block off's on my gtx once they are in.

Yes there is a major difference. I had the basic block offs and I was porpoising all over the place. I quickly took them off and used the X-Bo's (Similar to the RE's). I definitely say go with the RE's from Jerry's Store.

Yes, they are without a doubt better than the standard block off plates.
    They were primarily designed for the RXP`s as higher speeds and acceleration was increasing dramatically to combat porpoising, and tail end wobble. Another good mod is the skegs to help the ski`s track straight.

IMHO, the RE`s are a quality piece. designed to fit both hulls now. With these type of BO`s the handling , stability, turning, planing, etc will be enhanced/improved. On the GTX`s you will feel the dif in the chop for sure. I`ve noticed improvement at all speeds...
    I`m sure others will add comment!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-29-2008 at 07:08 AM.

+1
    look around here for a used set of standard blockoffs, usually can find for pretty reasonable. that way you can get the opas off, and contemplate RE blockoffs later...

Thanks for the help guys, just one last question. Is there a huge difference between just blocking the opas up with the riva competition kit or should I just get rid of them once and for all?

+1
    I definitely would get rid of them. If you are looking for performance block offs I would be willing to let go of mine for a fair price. I just need to get my re block off,s in to install. I have had good results with the performance bo,s. I am looking to do some major mods to my gtx and want to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, just one last question. Is there a huge difference between just blocking the opas up with the riva competition kit or should I just get rid of them once and for all?
    If you were going to block them in the UP position, you could simply get some white PVC schedule 40 tubing and make your own. cut them to length, slit them long ways, place in hot water to soften a bit and expand the slit to spread open and over shafts...

but I would just reccomend removing them...

it would be cheaper to make the tubes and try the ski.
    also if you like the little help the opas does in off powered or slow moving steering as in docking, you might just want to leave them alone...it has been said that the 3 seaters actually steer better at speed with the OPAS kept intact. You just have to try for yourself to get a comparison...
    you have to decide on what you wanna doo!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-05-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks alot guys for all the suggestions. I will test them in the up position with pvc first and then remove later. Where I ride there is a lot of seaweed which clogs in the intake filter for the opas. This means there is a lot of dragging the rudders around when the filter gets clogged up.

Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    Thanks alot guys for all the suggestions. I will test them in the up position with pvc first and then remove later. Where I ride there is a lot of seaweed which clogs in the intake filter for the opas. This means there is a lot of dragging the rudders around when the filter gets clogged up.
    Nice ski pic...imho if you are clogging the opas you need to install a groco filter on the intercooler to eliminate any chance of clogging with seaweed. The 08's do have larger passages but I would not take a chance of it clogging. The groco's are in Jerry's store and are easy to install and are trouble free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information